chapter 27

[ Phumi pov]

Khumo has been gone for a while now so I decided to go and check on her.

Me:"Hey I'll be right back ne... I'm just going to check on khumo." I said to Lydia as I got up
Lydia:" sure but can you tell me where the toilet is... I gotta pee."She said. A little embarrassed.
Me:"of course. If you were to kindly follow me..." She nodded.

I waited for her to get up before we left and since mine and Khumo's rooms are right in front of the sitting room and kitchen. As soon as we walked out we were greeted with the fresh smell of ocean bucket food...

When I turn I saw three dudes, two holding bouquets in each of their hands while the another seemed to be waiting for Khumo to finish sign for the delivery.

Me:"Khumo... what's going on?"

*************************
[Khumo pov]

I swear the day I and setlaela (fool) meet, swear I'm going to kill him.

I mean who buys a person flowers,  food, and chocolate after meeting them for the first time?

Phumi:"Khumo... what's going on?"
Shoot!
Me:"you can put those on the table... thank you." I said finishing signing the papers that I need to sign. I then lead them out the door. When I turned I came face to face with Phumi who had the ' tell me' face. "What?" I asked casually.
Phumi:" What?" She said mocking me. "Answer my question,who are the flowers food and chocolates from?" I sighed.
Me:" Oh yes... the flowers..."
Phumi:" and the food and the-"
Lydia:"CHOCOLATE!"She screamed like a child. "CAN I HAVE!... Oh sorry."
Me:" No it's okay... you can have them." Her face brighten up. She squealed and sprinted to the kitchen,  and started digging in the chocolates Jabu got for me.
Phumi:"you haven't answered me Thando..."
Me:" Hey, now let's not go there. Alright!" I said pointing my finger at her. She knows I hate being called... that.

And I really didn't want to tell them that this all came from Jabu... I mean they both work for him so it would be very awkward, right?.. I left and went to where Lydia was sitting which was in the kitchen isle on one of the tall kitchen stools. I sat on the one next to her. She had this sad look on her face, as if the chocolates took her back to her past.
Phumi:"Hey! Thando! I wasn't done with you..."
Me:"shhhhu!! Can't you see Lydia isn't okay." She looked away from me and looked at Lydia than back at me,she calmed down abit and gave 'this its not over' looks. She than  communicated with her eyes and I understood her. I touched Lydia's shoulder, and a tear drop fall onto her lap...

Me:"Lydia, are you okay?..."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Kgosi pov]

It was afternoon now and I  was busy making myself a sandwich ,and was about to bit it when some knocked at the front door.

I growled in announce. When I got there, I found stupid little brother standing.
Me:" What the f!ck are you doing here? And do you have the spear keys?"I asked going back into my house.
Him:" Firstly ouch and secondly I do ... it's just that I forgot them.."
Me:" mxm!" I said taking my food to the lounge.
Him:"come on... don't tell me you are still mad about earlier on?" I rolled my eyes and took a bit out of my sandwich. "Aii  kowada hae." ( stay mad than) He said than tried to get my other half of the sandwich but I slap his hand before he could get to it. "Hey! I understand that you are mad at me but let's not get the food involved... come on now." He than reached for it again but I moved away from him.
Him:" Aii, okay ke." He got up. "hlala naleyo sandwich yakho embi... I'll go and make one for myself. (Stay with ugly sandwich... )." With that he left going to the kitchen.
.
.
.
.
After some time he came back and I was already done with my food so I went to put my plate in the dishwasher... my dad (step dad) gave one of the maid that use to clean for them but she only cames on specific days coz the house isn't that dirty to clean every day but she still gets paid the same amount dad used to pay, so she fine... I guess.

Me:"I'm going to my office." I said to Jabu who was finishing up, eating his sandwich.
Jabu:" Okay I'll be up in a sec!" He shouted which was so unnecessary.

I got in and tried continuing with my  work. After a while the idiot came in. But he looked abit worried.
Me:" Okay..." I said closing my laptop. "What's wrong? You been looking stressed ever since you got here."
Him:"Thats because you stress." He said  trying to making a joke  about the whole... so now I he really messed up.
Me:"don't make me call dad so we can both beat it out of you. Now tell what happened
Jabu:"Eish... I think I messed up..."
Me:"What did you do now?" I said angrily.
Him:" Hey! You don't have to get all 'big brother' on me... I didn't mess up in the our company or mine. Okay I just messed up in my love life." Oh! Mxm. Idiot nearly give me a heart attack. "Okay it might involve the business." And there it is.

I got up,grabbed by the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer to my face.
Me:" Jabu... I'll ask once again and will only repeat it this once... what. Did. You. Do?!" I said in a tone that he's scared of.
Him:" wait... wait... when I say the company I mean... a-an employee... well. Phumi ... to be exact."

My heart skipped a beat... Phumi. What did she do. I left his collar.
Me:" Explain." I said showing no sign of emotion.
Him:" look, the girl I was telling dad about is actually Phu-Phumi's friend..."
Me:" What?! Oh for f#ck sacks! Couldn't you fall for someone else! C'mon man!" I shouted.

He knows the code... we don't date people who are close to the company, because what if it doesn't work out, what than?!.
Him:" look it was love at first sight... w-w-what w-w-was I-I suppose... to do."
Me:"mxm!" I exclaimed as I went to pour myself a drink.
Him:"but that's not all..."

Iyho!
-------------------------------------

That's the end of this chapter 😁😁
I hope you enjoyed it and that you are falling in with characters...

As always stay blessed and safe 🙏 ✨️
Love you mls💗💕
Bye 💋