chapter 26

we heard someone cleared their throat. We turned and found Jabu looking at us amused.

Damn!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Kgosi pov]

Fuck!

I thought to myself. I turned to see, Jabu and that smirk he smeared on his face. I than looked at Phumzile... noticed how close we were as if I was about to...

No! I screamed at myself and moved away from her.

Me:" We... I meant...I... was just..." I said struggling to think of a lie.
Miss irritation:" He was just helping me get something out of my eye." I looked at her. I was shocked but covered it up before they noticed.
Me:" uhmm... yes." That's all I could came up with.

Jabu:" Mm, oh okay..." He turned but than stopped. "Wait, Phumi didn't you wear that yesterday?"
Miss irritation:" Uhmm... yes... umm."
My turn to bali her out.
Me:" She was stick in the boardroom. I told Tshimo to fix it but he must have forgotten."

He rushed to Phumzile.
Jabu:" Why didn't you call? Are you okay?" He said checking her. Busy touching her.
Miss irritation:" I'm fine thanks to Mr. De Wits." Her said a little bit irritated at the thought of me saving her. I smirked
Jabu:" You know what you can have the rest of the week off coz you are supposed to be at school today." Her eyes popped open.
Her:" Oh yea!.. sorry but can I be excused." I nodded and she spit out.

I turned and went to my office as I was about to close the door but  Jabu stopped it.

Jabu:" Okay what really happened?"
Me:" Mos we already told you. She was stuck in the boardroom, I came early to work and got her out."
Jabu:" Really. So you are telling me that you went home... came back but wore the exact same clothes you were wearing yesterday?"

Shit

Me:" Bro why do you notice to much?"
He chuckled.
Him:"Come on. Tell me what happened." He said place my cup of coffee on the table.

I sighed and sat on the couch and started telling him what happened and honestly I kinda enjoyed the little time I spent with her , I know I'm shocking at myself too.

Jabu:" Awww... so you actually took care of her..."
Me:" Saved... her or else she would have caught a cold."
Him:" are you trying to convince me or yourself." What ? What is he saying?

Me:" Hey. I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just stating facts..."
Him:" If you say so." He said surrendering or so I thought. As he was about to walk off, he turned and said.
"You know you'll find 'the love of your life' one day even though she wasn't, and honestly after what I saw today I really couldn't wait."

He than ran off before I could respond. Mxm, idiota tolo(foolish idiot) I really thought he would stop talking about her or at least stop mentioning her but no he just had to but anyway I took my things and went home to and cleaned up. I wanted to go back to work but was lazy to so I just decided to work from home. But I couldn't focus on coz I kept thinking about Phumzile... her voice when she was running, and when she stood up for herself , I just felt proud and turned on...wait! What the heck am I thinking!? Am I getting attached? Am I...? No never... that can never, never happen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Phumzile pov]

After collecting my things I went straight to my car but bumped into Lydia, wow it's been a minute.

Lydia:" Phumi!!! It's been minute!" She said hugging... more like squeezing and is it me or is it like Lydia can read my mind coz she always what's in it.
Me:" Lydia! I know I'm missable be I can't be replaced!!" I screamed as I felt the air run out of my lungs.
Her:" Why?"
Me:" let...me... go and I'll...tell ...you."
She let's go of me.
Her:" Oh... sorry." She said