chapter 45

[Kgosi pov]

Fuck love. Fuck true soul mate, and most of all fuck Phumzile.

2 fucking months wasted of trying to find out what's wrong? Or what I did wrong for her to push me away like this. But no she was feeling guilty knowing very well that she's back to the some dude she confronted because of her ' love' for me but it was all fake. Lies, hurt, decite. Why did she have to do this to me? Why?

Jabu:" Okay buddy I think you have had enough. Come on let's get you home."
?:" Hi... everyone, I would like to welcome sis Phumzile and abuti  Bokamoso to the middle of the hall, to dance for all of us?" Some small kid announced.

Bokamoso practical dragged Phumzile to middle. Her eyes locked with mine but she couldn't hold it for long like she always did.

Me:" No. Let's stay." I said feeling my blood boiling from the inside.

They sang, they danced, laughed as they danced. Why were they even dancing. I watched as what was mine belong to another. I watch as another man touch what's mine and the worst part is I don't  even understand why we ended...have we even ended?

The song came to an end as they do their last dance move. when did they even find the time to practice.

'Probably from when Phumzile wasn't talking to me.' My mind said remind me of my tumor over the past two months.

 Bokamoso tried to kiss her but she moved to the side so he kisses her cheek.

' what game are you playing Phumzile?'  I asked myself.

I continued drinking as I watched her socialized here and there but spent more time with Thando which was weird especially with how their friendship has been for the past months and with the rumors going around the office, it seems like they can also tell that there's something off between them but won't ask why, hence the rumor...

I saw her say something to Thando then head to the bathroom.
I chugged down my drink and followed her. Leaving Jabu as he associate with the business men in here.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I have been standing here thinking about what I'm going to say but words aren't coming together in my mind. I think my emotions being on high, mixed with the alcohol that's  starting to kick in is making feel this way.

The door opened and there Phumzile stood in front of me with her eyes locked with mine. She tried to leave but I pulled her back and crashed her body in between me and  the wall.

Phumzile:" Kgosi..."
Me:" just tell me why. Why Phumzile?!" I said punching the wall, right next to her face. I study her face properly. She had tears steaming down her face, her eyes were swoon like she has been crying for days now. She looked... broken.

Phumzile:" I'm sorry, I-I can't... I can't do this anymore. I'm so sorry." she says breaking down... wait what?!!!

*******************************************************************************
[ Phumzile pov]

After my dance with Bokamso I just felt dirty for some odd reason, but I think it's because I wasn't dancing with the love of my life, the one person who gets me. But even if I were to go to him right now , I have a feeling he would push me away which I completely understand but at the same time it still hurts. I felt myself getting overwhelmed again.