Chapter 13

Time passed . Xiao Tu had been attending A school for more than a month . It was now autumn .

She is adapting slowly to a new school . Her academic foundation is not as good as the other students in her class, and she's struggling to keep up . Luckily A High School is a prestigious school with the best teachers . Outside of class the situation is a little different .

Ling Chao is the source of her distress . After doing his laundry one time, he won't stop giving her more . Anyone who comes to her dorm can see his clothes that she has washed for him . People are always asking nosy questions .

"Why do you have boy clothes in your bedroom?"

"Isn't that a basketball uniform, why do you have it?

"Seven? Isn't that Ling Chao's jersey?"

Jiang Juan patiently fields all these questions, because Xiao Tu is so mortified . But it only leads to more questions .

"This is Ling Chao's uniform . Xiao Tu washed it for him . "

"Why does Xiao Tu do Ling Chao's laundry? Do they know each other?"

"Not only do they know each other . She is his child bride!"

Xiao Xiao Rabbit: " . . . "

Over time the rumor gets even bigger . People are whispering that Ling Chao's bride grew up with him and has always washed his clothes, cleaned his room, and made breakfast for him . Just like in feudal times . Poor Xiao Tu, who has always been good at speaking up for herself, she can't seem to refute these stories .

At her old school everyone said that she was Ling Chao's girlfriend . Even though it wasn't true, at least it sounded plausible . How did she become a child bride in the twenty-first century? She's still a high school student . She must put a stop to the ridiculousness . With that in mind she determines to refuse to do any more laundry for Ling Chao .

The next time Ling Chao delivered dirty clothes she courageously tried to refuse him . But just he asked calmly, "Why are you not keeping your promise?"

Xiao Tu had thought a lot about what to say so she took a deep breath and started . "My dorm is full of boys clothes . Really it's not proper . " She hoped that because he was so clever that she wouldn't need to explain more . Instead he asked, "Why isn't it proper?"

Xiao Tu was really embarrassed . All she could say to him was, "It just isn't . It just isn't . "

"Come on you've got to have a better reason than that . "

Holy Moly he is so heartless! Why doesn't he understand about these things?! In the end she just took his clothes with a wail . "Fine . I'll wash them . " Xiao Tu was so exasperated . > --- <

She wandered around aimlessly with Ling Chao's uniform and didn't return to her dorm . In class that day Xiao Tu was tired . She rested her head on her desk, feeling sorry for herself .

"Bunny," someone was calling her name softly . Xiao Tu lifted her head . She saw Jian Juan sitting at the table with her .

"What's bothering you today?" Jian Juan whispered .

Xiao Tu sighed, "Juanzi, how can refuse to let others bully me?"

"Just say no!"

"What if I can't?"

"Then . . . evade them?"

"How do you do that?"

Jiang Juan thought for a while: "For example, if someone asks to borrow money from you, don't say that you won't give them any money . You have to say that you are a bit tight recently . If another person invites you out to play, don't say that you don't want to go out . You have to say something is happening at home..."