Chapter 65

"A lease?" Manager Song repeated, pushing himself off the counter and walking toward Y/n, holding the paper with a smile. "Are you moving to the city or something?"

Y/n chuckled before shaking his head, "not exactly," he said before rolling the paper, putting it inside his pocket before walking towards the front door, "I will tell you on the way home," he added, looking over his shoulder as he waited for Manager Song.

The latter quickly emptied his can, throwing it into the bin before walking towards Y/n, extending his hand. "The key," he said with a smile.

"Why..."

Manager Song shrugged before speaking, "I think you should get some rest – I felt energized after having that can of soft drink," he explained as he waited for Y/n to hand the key to him. After a few seconds, the latter fished it out of his pocket before handing it to the manager.

The two of them left the unit and went to the parking area, where a few teenagers were hanging out while smoking – the sight made Y/n feel obligated to tell them off, and he told Manager Song to wait while he confronted them.

"Excuse me," he called out, earning the attention of the teenagers, who looked at him annoyingly. "I don't know if you were taught in school, but cigarettes are dangerous, you know?" he said, crossing his arms.

One the teenagers, a burly guy, got up from the pavement, dropping his cigarette before stepping on it mockingly, "oh, we are more than aware of the danger of smoking, mister, but it's our bodies, and we get to choose what we do with it," he said before walking towards Y/n with a smirk.

Y/n seemed unfazed by how the burly guy approached him as he simply pushed him away before sighing, "I'm just going to tell you guys this once – stop and go home..."

"Or what?" another one of them got up as he looked at Y/n, annoyed. "You don't get to come here and tell some random strangers to stop doing whatever it is that they were doing," he exclaimed as he walked closer to the latter, and the realization hit him, making him smirk.

He looked at his friends and then at Y/n, "wait a minute – it's that dude," he exclaimed.

"What dude?" One of his friends asked, getting up before looking at Y/n in confusion. "Oh, right – Wendy's boyfriend!" he scoffed before tapping the burly man's back, "dude, he was the one who snatched your crush away," he said, and the burly man looked at Y/n with an ugly scowl.

He marched towards Y/n and pushed him to the ground, "it was you?!" he growled before pulling the latter up, "how dare you steal her from me!"

The way he talked made Y/n cringe, reminding him of those delusional fans on the internet (that's me, ladies, and gents, lmao) who thought they were worthy of being with their favourites when there were chances their idols were aware of their existence.

"You're disgusting," Y/n retorted before pushing the burly man's hand off him and walking away, only to be blocked by the rest of the youngsters, "I seriously don't want to sound cocky, but I will give you guys one last chance to scramble," he continued, eyeing them one by one.

One of them scoffed, "look at that – he thinks he is tough enough to land any hit on us," he said to his friends.

Manager Song watched from the car, casually taking a video of Y/n confronting the youngsters with a smug, "oh-ho, Wendy would want to see this," he mumbled, spectating as the latter started to fight the teenagers, hitting with just enough strength to subdue them. He grimaced, cheered as he watched Y/n avoid being hit, and then countered the younger men's moves.

After fifteen minutes, Y/n sighed and dusted himself off, looking around before stepping towards the burly man, "I stole your crush – so what are you going to do?" he taunted, paying back the previous remark from him. "She probably wouldn't go out on a date with you anyway – seeing how you were wasting money on cigarettes," he added before finally walking towards the car, where Manager Song quickly stopped recording and started the vehicle.

"Alright," Y/n got in the car and put his seatbelt on before looking at Manager Song, smiling as if he didn't just get himself in an unnecessary confrontation with a bunch of youngsters. "Let's go," he said, gesturing to the manager with his head.

***

They arrived at the village later that night, and most of the lights in houses they drove past were already turned off at that hour, and Manager Song shivered, "this scene reminded me of a scene from horror movies," he said softly as he looked around them, driving slowly.

"It does," Y/n nodded in agreement as he looked around as well, crossing his arms, "is it just me or the A/C is colder than usual?" he asked before looking at Manager Song, who quickly turned it off, feeling creeped out by the conversation they were having.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at the familiar driveway. As soon as Manager Song parked the van, they got off it and headed straight into the house – it was pitch dark, and the only sound came from the constant humming of the fridge in the kitchen.

They quietly made their way upstairs, ignoring the rustling sound from the kitchen as they headed straight into Y/n's room.

-The next morning-

Y/n and Manager Song woke up late the next day, and as they got ready for the day, they headed downstairs.

"Where's grandpa and Sejeong?" asked Y/n as he entered the dining room, where Lina was with his grandmother and Irene, who were talking about their plan for the day.

Lina looked at her son, "they headed out to the hospital like..." she looked at her phone before looking at her son and Manager Song, who was at the door, "...three hours ago."

Y/n looked at his phone, his eyes widening as he realized it was a quarter past 1 afternoon.

Manager Song slowly joined them on the table, sitting beside Irene as he looked at Lina, "why didn't you guys wake me up? I could've drive them there," he said gently, and Y/n's mother laughed at him before shaking her head – Irene was also laughing, but her laughter was suppressed under Lina's.

"What? Why are you guys laughing?" asked Manager Song with a sheepish smile, looking at them and then at Y/n, who shrugged before sitting next to his grandmother.

Irene cleared her throat before humming, "we were planning to, originally, but when we saw how comfortable you guys were sleeping, we decided to let you sleep in," she explained before getting up from her seat and heading to the kitchen.

"Besides, the two of you got home late last night," Lina added to Irene's statement before crossing her arms, resting them on the table as she looked at Y/n and then at Manager Song, who scratched their heads awkwardly.

Not long after that, Irene returned with two glasses of fresh orange juice, placing them in front of Y/n and Manager Song.

"Thank you," Y/n said to her before drinking the juice, emptying the glass with just two shots before looking at the door after Joy entered with a piece of paper.

"Hey, Y/n – what is this lease for? Why is it under your name?" she asked, and Y/n's eyes widened before shooting up from his seat, taking the paper from Joy's hand before chuckling awkwardly.

Lina tilted her head, "what lease?" she asked as she stared at her son – the others also looked at him, except for Manager Song, who went with Y/n to get the paper from the former's place last night.

There was a heavy silence as Y/n smiled awkwardly at them – fortunately, their attentions were averted when Lina's phone started to ring.