Chapter 32

Irene, Wendy, and Suho looked at Wonwoo while raising an eyebrow, "you were?" asked Wendy, tilting her head.

"But it was all in the past, and besides, Y/n already forgave him," Sejeong said.

Wendy looked at her, "even so...."

Wonwoo chuckled and shook his head, "it's alright, Sejeong. I was expecting this kind of reaction from them," he said, tapping Sejeong's shoulder.

The group stared at each other silently for a few minutes, not uttering a word before Yunjin, Yedam, Eunchae, and Minhee excused themselves. "Well, we are off to explore the square... see you guys around," Yunjin said to them before walking away from the group.

When only the Red Velvet girls, Suho, Sejeong, Yuri, and Wonwoo, left, Wendy finally talked.

"I know it has been years since it happened, but I'm curious as to why you did it," Wendy exclaimed, crossing her arms. Wonwoo looked at her – the anger was evident on Wendy's face.

The taller guy sighed, "honestly," he looked at Wendy and then at the rest of them, "I don't know either..." he shrugged.

Irene, who had been quiet for a while, let out a huff and looked away from Wonwoo – she was mad too, but she decided to keep quiet because she didn't want Suho to think that Y/n was all that was in her head – not that it was true, but after the talk they had last night, she decided to listen to Y/n's advice and work on her relationship with Suho instead.

"You don't know, yet you decided to give Y/n a very unpleasant high school life – don't you think that was such a childish thing to do?" Wendy berated.

Wonwoo smiled awkwardly before hanging his head low, scratching his temple while staring at the ground – he didn't expect this kind of reaction from Wendy. He was expecting something like, 'oh, it's in the past – I know you've learned your lesson,' or after he admitted to being one of Y/n's biggest bullies.

Suho walked to Irene and took her hand, wrapping it in his before flashing a soft smile – he could see the frustration on her face at the topic. He looked at Wonwoo, "let's move on from this topic already," he chimed in before looking at Irene again, who was now smiling appreciatively.

"Yeah, Suho is right," Yuri nodded, "we shouldn't drag this topic any further..." she added before clasping her hands. "In fact, we are here for the festival, so let's get to it!"

The rest of them agreed, and a few minutes later, they were finally walking around the square, exploring different stalls that offered various things for them to try. Irene, Wendy, and Suho didn't forget to ensure they were well-hidden and not to draw unnecessary attention towards them.

Meanwhile, Y/n and Chungha were walking along the closed shops a few meters away from the town square – the former had his hands inside his pockets while the latter talked.

"No wonder she looked familiar," Chungha stated.

Y/n looked at her, raising an eyebrow, "who?"

Chungha hummed, "your girlfriend – Seungwan."

"Oh..."

She smiled, nodding, "she turned out to be the Seungwan from Red Velvet,"

"I guess I'm lucky," Y/n answered, shrugging before coming to a halt. He looked at Chungha, his expression turned serious, "I know there is something else you want to talk about. What is it?"

Chungha took a deep breath before shrugging, "I don't know, Y/n... Now I feel like the topic isn't worth mentioning."

Y/n sighed, crossing his arms, "if that's the case, I'm going back to Sejeong and the others."

As he was about to walk away, Chungha took his hand, "wait," Y/n stopped and looked over his shoulder, "I like you, Y/n."

The thing that came out of her mouth caught Y/n off-guard. It took him a few minutes to answer. "Why now?"

"Huh?" Chungha's cheeks turned red as she looked at Y/n, "oh... I don't know... I mean," she cleared her throat before continuing, "I realized now after twelve years that I... I liked you too."

Y/n scoffed and pulled his hand away. "sorry Chungha, but I don't like you anymore, and I hope you didn't forget what you did to me back in high school."

"I know what I did, and I'm truly sorry for it," Chungha looked at him softly.

The latter sighed and shook his head, "even then, there is nothing I can do about your feelings for me – I am in a relationship with Wendy, and I can proudly say that I am very happy with her."

Back to Wendy and the others, she sneezed and almost dropped the cup of spicy rice cake she was holding. Sejeong looked at her, "bless you," she said before handing the former a piece of tissue.

"Thank you," Wendy smiled before taking the tissue. She looked around, humming while hoping Y/n would show up soon.

Yuri, noticing how Wendy was looking around, decided to tease her. "The more you look for him, the less likely he would show up, you know?"

Wendy looked at her with wide eyes, "really?" she asked – buying what Yuri was saying before realizing that the latter was only messing around. She clicked her tongue before eating the rice cake in frustration.

"But seriously though, it has been almost thirty minutes since Y/n and Chungha disappeared to God knows where," Suho exclaimed, looking at Wendy, who was still chewing on her rice cake.

Wendy looked at him, sighing softly, "I hope she didn't do anything bad to him," she said.

"Anything bad? What kind of things do you consider as bad?" Yuri chimed in.

The question made Wendy blush, "well, you know...?" she chuckled awkwardly while poking the same piece of rice cake repeatedly with her skewer.

"Don't worry. He is fine."

The familiar voice made Wendy smile brightly as she looked up from her cup and then at Y/n, who was approaching them while smiling softly.

Sejeong crossed her arms, "where did you go?" she asked.

Y/n shrugged, "Chungha and I were walking around, catching up with each other, you know?"

"I thought you didn't feel comfortable around her," Irene said.

The former looked at her and shook his head, "yes, but it would be rude if I didn't listen to what she has to say though."

Sejeong nodded and cleared her throat, "well, your mom texted me a while ago. She said to take you guys to the community hall, so we better get going," she said before leading the way to the hall that was a few minutes walk from where they were at.

They followed behind Sejeong, but Wendy and Y/n took their time as the former grabbed him by the wrist, "Y/n, babe...."

Y/n didn't expect the nickname, but he still looked at Wendy with a smile, "what is it?"

Wendy stared at him for a few seconds, "how did you know where we were?" she asked.

He hummed, crossing his arms, "by wandering around the square for fifteen minutes," he smiled. "Seriously – I was looking everywhere."

"Alright..." Wendy nodded before asking another question, "you didn't... you didn't do anything with Chungha, did you?" she asked shyly, a faint blush on her cheeks.

It didn't take Y/n long to realize what she was talking about, "don't worry," he cupped her cheeks, "I made sure she knew that you and I are dating," he said, looking around to make sure no one was looking at them before kissing her softly.

Wendy quickly reciprocated the kiss. They broke the kiss after a minute, and she stared at him with a more evident blush on her cheeks and a sheepish smile.

"Let's get back to the others before they start looking for us," Y/n said before pulling her to the community hall with him.