Chapter 56

Once they broke the kiss, Manager Kim approached Y/n and Wendy while scoffing, "congratulations, Y/n, you did exactly what I told you not to do," he said hushedly, smirking as if he was victorious.

Wendy looked at her manager, starting to get worried about what he might do, but Y/n let out a soft chuckle before putting a hand on Manager Kim's shoulder, "are you sure about that?" he asked before looking at Manager Song, who was on the phone with someone.

Ignoring Y/n's question, Manager Kim followed his gaze, "who are you calling?" he asked Manager Song.

The latter gestured for him to be quiet for a while as he talked to the person on the phone, smiling as he looked at Manager Kim, "the HR department summoned you, Manager Kim," said Manager Song, approaching them with a victorious smile.

"What...?"

Manager Song shrugged, "they don't sound so happy with what you did, Manager Kim – so I would suggest you get to the company as soon as you can," he told the older manager before looking at Y/n and Wendy, "as for you, Wendy – I would suggest you get to your flight soon."

Wendy looked at Manager Song and then at Y/n, "can't I...."

Y/n shook his head, "it's alright, Wendy – go."

"But..."

"I can wait for you to return, so..." he cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead softly, "go and board the plane – I will see you after your break is over," he said before hugging her tightly. Wendy sighed softly before smiling, nodding as he returned the hug.

"See you later, Y/n," she said softly as they broke the hug and pulled her luggage towards the gate, the paparazzi hitting the jackpot with the photos and footage of the two that can feed their websites for weeks – even months.

*Two weeks later*

"So, tell us what happened next?" asked Sejeong, looking at her cousin while cupping the hot cup of coffee. "what made your stay in the city so long this time?"

Y/n sighed softly before leaning against his chair, "well, after sending Wendy off on the plane, we went to her company," he said before grabbing his cup of coffee and drinking it before humming, "I couldn't be more satisfied than that time," he added, chuckling softly.

Lina tilted her head, "why is that?"

"Basically," Manager Song intervened as he cleared his throat, "Manager Kim was summoned to the company by the HR department because someone reported him for abusing his power as a manager."

Sejeong looked at him before smiling, "let me guess – you were the one who did that."

Manager Song looked at her before shaking his head, "well, no. It was Irene," he said before looking at Irene, Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi, who were in the living room, learning crocheting from Y/n's grandmother.

"Well," Sejeong looked at them as well before looking at Manager Song, "surely the HR department won't take any actions unless there were concrete proofs, right?"

Manager Song smiled, "exactly – that was why we got a little help from Y/n's old friend."

Sejeong looked at him in confusion, tilting her head, "old friend?"

Y/n cleared his throat, "they asked Chungha to testify. You remember what I told you, right?"

"Yeah – I remember that Manager Kim asked Chungha to dig some tea about you and Wendy."

Y/n nodded, "exactly, and as it turned out – that wasn't the only time Manager Kim asked her to do it," he said before drinking his coffee, "turned out, Manager Kim was also the one who leaked Wendy's whereabouts to the paparazzi when she went here during her break."