Chapter 58

"Manager Song, what do you mean by what you just said?" asked Sejeong as she followed him to the front door, who opened the door for Y/n and Wendy to enter the house.

Y/n, confused by his cousin's behavior, looked at Manager Song, raising an eyebrow, "what is she talking about?"

Manager Song shrugged, "oh, nothing – she just misheard something I said just now," he said, looking at Sejeong, who scoffed in disbelief before pointing at him. "What?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Sejeong crossed her arms, "really? I misheard you?"

"Well, yeah?" Manager Song said, chuckling awkwardly before subtly gesturing her to tone it down, seeing that Wendy and Y/n were still watching them, smiling in confusion. "You misheard me."

After a few seconds, Sejeong finally realized what Manager Song was trying to do. She nodded awkwardly, "oh – right... I guess I misheard you," she nodded before smiling at Y/n and Wendy, "well, anyway," she cleared her throat and placed her hands on her hips, "why were you two back so soon? It is a beautiful night – you guys should enjoy it while it lasts."

Y/n shook his head, "nah – Wendy and her parents need to go back to Seoul tomorrow, and I don't want her to sleep too late because she's driving," he explained before walking past Manager Song and Sejeong, hand-in-hand with Wendy.

"Oh..." Sejeong nodded, "well, good night then."

Wendy and Y/n waved at them before heading upstairs. "I seriously don't want to go yet," the former said before crossing her arms. "I still want to spend...."

Before she could finish her words, Y/n stopped her, chuckling, "Wendy, baby, you know you can always come here when you want, right?" he asked, smiling softly.

"Yeah, I know that, but come on, Y/n... it's been a while since I last stayed here."

Y/n nodded, "I know," he said, cupping her cheeks, "but you should spend more times with your parents too, seriously – after all, that was the reason you took a break, wasn't it? To spend more times with them, and catch up?"

Wendy was quiet for a while before sighing, "well, yeah, you are right..." She nodded before hugging him, "it's just that I miss you a lot, Y/n...."

"The feeling is mutual, baby... I missed you too," he replied, returning the hug before kissing her head, "but don't worry," he smiled before breaking the hug, "I will always be here, waiting for you – and I'm not going anywhere."

As the words came out of Y/n's mouth, Wendy smiled, feeling reassured as she nodded, "okay, Y/n..." she said softly before hugging him again, this time closer and tighter.

"Now go and get some rest – you have a long drive tomorrow," said Y/n, breaking the hug as he watched Wendy walk towards Sejeong's room. She and her members sleep there while her parents use the guest room. Meanwhile, Manager Song shared Y/n's room.

Wendy looked at Y/n one last time before waving, mouthing an 'I love you' before finally entering the room and closing the door behind her. Y/n stayed at the same spot for a few more minutes before heading to bed.

Meanwhile, Sejeong and Manager Song were still downstairs. "Well, we should head to bed too," the latter said, stretching as he headed upstairs, but not before Sejeong stopped him.

"Wait," Manager Song hummed and looked over his shoulder, where Sejeong was looking everywhere but the former's eyes. "About what you said just now..."

Manager Song smiled softly before clearing his throat, "let's talk about this tomorrow, Sejeong."

Sejeong nodded before sighing, "Alright, but can you at least tell me if I heard you right, or it was just as you said – I misheard you?"

"Oh," Manager Song nodded, "you heard me right."

A faint blush started to cover Sejeong's cheeks as she nodded, "Oh...."

"Well then, that's all, right?" Manager Song tilted his head.

Regaining her composure, Sejeong cleared her throat and nodded at Manager's Song question before walking ahead of him, "well, good night – see you tomorrow," she said quickly before heading upstairs into her room.

Manager Song watched her for a while before snickering, heading upstairs to Y/n's room, where he found Y/n on the tatami on the floor. He took his suit off and changed into a more comfortable outfit before quietly making his way to the bed, lying on it as quietly as he could, afraid he might wake Y/n up.

***

The next day, Y/n woke up at 5 a.m. sharp, took a shower, and headed to the kitchen, getting ready to cook breakfast for the people in the house. The house was still dark when he entered the kitchen, and it was drizzling outside.

He turned the lights on and went to work immediately – the combination of the rain hitting the window, and the soft hum of the refrigerator, motivated Y/n to be more productive as he went here and there in the kitchen energetically.

Ten minutes passed, and Wendy appeared from upstairs, entering the kitchen, "you are awake so early," she said, her voice still husky from her good night's sleep.

Y/n smiled as he looked over his shoulder while mixing something in a sauce bowl, "of course – I need to make breakfast for us, or as they call it in Spanish, desayuno, or something... I'm not sure."

Wendy chuckled before walking towards him, "did I make too much noise? Why are you up so early?" asked Y/n as he felt her arms wrapping around his waist.

"No," Wendy shook her head before resting against Y/n's back, "I woke up because I miss you, I guess," she hummed as she closed her eyes.

Y/n chuckled, "you guess? So, you weren't sure if it has anything to do with me, were you?" he joked before earning a light smack on his back.

"I'm sure it was because of you," Wendy quickly said before breaking the hug.

Putting the bowl down, Y/n hummed softly before checking on his stew and facing Wendy with a smile, "you should take a shower, baby – you might find it a bit hard to find the perfect opportunity when the others are awake," he said, walking up to kiss Wendy before checking on the dish he was cooking.

Wendy nodded and walked out of the kitchen, "I will give you a hand after showering," she said before walking upstairs.

Y/n smiled as he watched Wendy walk upstairs, sighing contentedly before shaking his head and deciding to focus on the meal he was cooking. For the next five minutes, Y/n cooked in silence, the rain accompanying him, when he heard the front door being knocked.

He looked at the time on the wall before wiping his hands with a towel and heading to the front door, slowly opening the door, Y/n couldn't help looking at the person in front of him with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?"