Chapter 30

They talked for another hour on the veranda before finally calling it a night. As Wendy and Y/n walked upstairs, the former glanced at him before taking a deep breath, "Y/n..." she called.

The latter hummed and looked at her, smiling softly, "yes, Wendy? What is it?" she asked.

"Are you happy with me?" asked Wendy, stopping as soon as they stepped onto the second floor.

Y/n stared at her for a few seconds, still smiling, before cupping her cheeks, "yes, Wendy. I am happy with you – I really am," he nodded. Wendy leaned into his touch and hummed, moving closer before wrapping her arms around him.

"What's wrong?" asked Y/n, worried.

Wendy shook her head, "nothing," she replied before breaking the hug. She looked up at him before smiling softly, "good night, Y/n," she said before tiptoeing to peck his lips. Y/n nodded and let her go before walking towards his door.

"Sleep well," he said to Wendy before entering his room, where Suho sat on his bed while playing with his phone. "I hope the bed is comfortable enough for you," he said, gaining the latter's attention as he walked towards the tatami he had set on the floor a few minutes prior.

Suho hummed and nodded before lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling, "it is good enough, Y/n."

Y/n nodded and lay on the tatami, turning on his side, his back facing Suho while trying to fall asleep. After a few minutes, he heard the latter shifting on the bed. "Y/n, can I ask you a question?"

He didn't say anything, but his humming was enough as a response from Y/n. "Do you still have feelings for Irene?"

Y/n slowly opened his eyes – he didn't say anything for the first few minutes, but after a while, he cleared his throat. "Junmyeon, please don't ask me something like that," he said before taking a deep breath, "Irene is in a relationship with you, and I respect that...."

"Just answer with either a yes or no, Y/n."

"Fine. My answer is no – I don't have feelings for her anymore. I know now that I should not even have feelings for her because you and her are dating," he said, "now let's get some shut eye."

Suho sighed and nodded, "thanks, Y/n," he said as he stared at the man on the tatami, wondering what Irene saw in him that drew her to Y/n. He was jealous because he heard stories from the Red Velvet members that the latter could make Irene smile and laugh effortlessly – he wanted to know how Y/n did it.

As he lingered on that thought, he slowly fell asleep.

They both stirred in their sleep the next morning when Sejeong knocked on Y/n's door aggressively. Y/n was the first to get up as he looked around his room, seeing Suho on his bed, sleeping soundly.

"Y/n, Junmyeon, wake up!" Sejeong said from outside.

Y/n sighed before lazily making his way toward the door, opening it to the sight of Sejeong in her modern hanbok. "Don't be too loud – he is still sleeping," Y/n whispered, half awake, before pointing at Suho, who shifted on his bed.

Sejeong sighed and looked at her cousin, "wake him up, we will head to the town square half an hour from now. Your hanbok is in the laundry room," she reminded before walking towards the stairs.

Y/n was about to close the door when he saw Irene stepping out of the guest room in a blue hanbok that belonged to Sejeong. When she noticed him, Irene smiled, "how does it look on me?" she asked.

"It looks good on you," Y/n said softly before closing the door. He went towards the bed and gently shook Suho in his sleep, "wake up, Junmyeon. We will be late."

Suho whined softly before slowly opening his eyes, "late for what?"

Y/n sighed softly, "we are going to the town square, we told you last night, remember?"

Suho sat on the bed and thought about it momentarily before nodding, "ah, right..." he said, ruffling his hair.

"I'm going to take a shower. There is a spare hanbok in the closet. Go ahead and use it," Y/n reminded before entering the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, Y/n and Suho exited the house where Y/n's parents, grandparents, Sejeong, Irene and Wendy were waiting. "They look good on you, Suho!" Mrs. Kim praised as Suho stepped towards them in Y/n's old purple hanbok.

Y/n looked at him for a moment – he did look like royalty from ancient times in the hanbok, but he didn't say anything about it as he made his way toward Wendy, who was wearing Sejeong's old yellow hanbok. All of them were designed to fit the current era, but they didn't stray far from the traditional look.

"Why do you have to choose a black one, Y/n? Are you attending somebody's funeral?" Sejeong didn't let the opportunity to tease her cousin slide. Y/n looked at his hanbok, a plain black design with no patterns.

Y/n stuck his tongue out, "sometimes, simple is the best design," he said before looking at Wendy, who was fixing her bangs before the former decided to help her. "It looked good on you," he exclaimed.

Wendy stared at him momentarily, "the hair?" she asked.

Y/n shook his head and patted her hair before smiling, "all of it – your outfit, your hair, your makeup," he cleared his throat, "they suit you," he said.

Irene watched them for a moment – she felt a pang of jealousy, but she didn't show it as she smiled at the sight before looking at Suho, who was approaching her.

"Well, let's get going, shall we?" Mrs. Kim clasped her hands before heading out of the house's lawn towards the town square. The walk there took about half an hour, but as they stopped by Jo's household to pick up Yuri and her parents, the walk took almost an hour.

While Wendy told Irene about how she helped the village's youth set up the town square yesterday, Yuri took the chance to walk up to Y/n, smiling. "Hey."

Y/n looked at her, "oh, hey Yuri," he smiled as they continued to walk.

They walked silently for a few minutes before Yuri opened her mouth, "so, have you made up your mind?" she asked, looking at the taller guy.

He thought about it for a while – no, he hadn't decided yet, but for now, he wanted to focus on Wendy and his relationship, "are you talking about my dilemma on choosing between them?" he asked, smiling.

Yuri nodded, "well, yeah."

Y/n sighed and crossed his arms, "honestly, I am leaving that to God," he smiled, "because I don't know if I can decide so soon."