Chapter 20

Idols are human too...

Y/n's words from last night were still ringing in Irene's head. She didn't remember much about what happened after that, but Irene was sure she burst into tears and hugged him.

"Irene, we are ready to go," said Manager Kim. Irene snapped out of her thought and turned her head toward the manager, humming in response. The manager sighed softly before picking up Irene's bag and gesturing to the van waiting for them at the village entrance.

Irene nodded, sighing softly. "Oh, right..." she muttered before looking behind her to where Y/n's relatives were sending them off. Irene didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay a little longer because she had grown attached to the whole family. But with how things were going the last few days, Irene knew it wasn't a good idea to be around Y/n or his family.

Y/n's grandmother walked toward Irene and took her hand, wrapping it in hers. "Make sure to finish the kimchi I packed for you, okay?" she reminded her. Irene smiled in response before nodding.

"Remember that you are always welcomed if you ever miss us," Sejeong said.

"Thank you," said Irene in response. She looked around with a soft smile, hoping that Y/n was there, but after realizing it was pointless, she dropped her smile and sighed softly. "Send my regards to Y/n."

Sejeong nodded and gave her a thumb up while smiling. "Will do."

Meanwhile, back at the house, Y/n was sitting on his bed, staring at the floor with a long face. He wanted to send Irene and the others off, but he couldn't bring himself. He heaved a heavy sigh before looking beside him at the Red Velvet hoodie with Wendy's name on the back before picking it up.

"I'm going to miss you, Y/n."

Wendy gave it to him earlier that day when they were about to leave. She told Y/n that it might not be much to be considered a gift, but since she looked so sincere while giving it to him, Y/n accepted it. After closer inspection, Y/n finally realized that it was the hoodie that Wendy had worn during one of their concerts. He was sure it was the one since Y/n had seen the clip of Wendy performing while wearing it.

"It's not like it will fit me," Y/n said as he got up from the bed and walked toward his closet. He opened it and took a hanger out before hanging the hoodie. He placed it in a different spot from the rest of his clothes – one way to show how important and one-of-a-kind it was.

Y/n stared at the hoodie for a while before turning his attention to the sound of footsteps from outside. He quickly made his way toward the door and opened it, seeing Wendy making her way up the stairs.

"Wendy?" called Y/n, looking at her.

Wendy looked at him and smiled, "oh, hey Y/n."

Stepping out of the room, Y/n crossed his arms, "I thought you guys already left for Seoul?"

"Well, we were about to but then I remembered I forgot something."

Y/n tilted his head, "do you need my help finding it?"

Wendy shook her head and walked toward the guest room, with Y/n following closely behind. "It's fine, I know where I put it, so I will just pick it up and leave," she said before walking toward the bed and picking up a makeup bag.

"So..."

Wendy hummed and looked at Y/n, "so...?"

Y/n looked at her and smiled, shaking his head before walking closer toward Wendy, patting her head. "Take care, okay?"

Wendy looked at him and nodded, wrapping her arms around Y/n's waist. "You too..." she hummed before resting her head against Y/n's chest. After a minute, she broke the hug and smiled at Y/n, "I better get going. They must be waiting for me," she said before reaching out to kiss Y/n's cheeks.

"Goodbye!" she giggled as she ran toward the stairs. Y/n watched her with a soft smile before sighing softly.

A Week Later...

A week had passed since Irene and her members left, and the atmosphere in the house was completely different now. The house was filled with laughter during their stay there, but it became quiet when they returned to Seoul.

"Y/n, can you help me deliver this radish kimchi to Mrs. Han?"

Y/n, in the living room watching the TV, turned it off and sighed softly. He entered the kitchen and took the container bag from the kitchen counter. "Tell her I said..." his mother didn't get to finish her words as Y/n quickly made his way to the front door.

The walk from their house to the Han family's house was around twenty minutes. On the way there, Y/n thought about how he used to walk the street with Irene – he thought about Wendy too. Still, since they couldn't spend more time together, he barely had any memories around that street... well, except for that one time when they were taking shelter in an old shed.

After walking for twenty minutes, he finally arrived. "Oh, Y/n! Come on in!" said Mrs Han as she welcomed him inside. Y/n bowed to her before politely entering the house.

"What brings you here?" asked Mrs Han while guiding Y/n to the living room.

Y/n looked at the bag in his hand before handing it to her, "my mother said to give it to you," he exclaimed.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Wait here while I get you something to drink, okay?" said Mrs Han before disappearing into the kitchen. Y/n thanked her before looking around the living room – it was a bit more spacious than theirs, but it didn't have the same homey vibe.

"We are back with Red Velvet."

Y/n turned his attention to the TV and smiled when he saw the girls.

"Irene! It has been a while! How are you?" asked the MC.

Irene bowed to him with a smile, "I've been good. It feels good to be back after being on a hiatus...."

The MC nodded in agreement before asking her another question.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, and I'm sure your fans are curious as well – where did you go?"

Irene started with a laugh, "Ah... about that... I can't reveal much, but let's say I was somewhere where I could heal myself. , Amazing people surrounded me, and someone taught me a valuable lesson there."

"Oh, what lesson was it?"

Irene took a deep breath before answering, "That person told me that there are always people we can count on, and... they told me that I should express myself more. They said, 'if you are angry, show it, if you are happy, express it...' something like that, and I will forever be thankful to them because they made me realize...."

She looked at the camera before smiling sweetly, "how special I am."

Y/n smiled at her words, and just when the feels were about to hit him, Mrs Han's husband switched to the news channel. Y/n immediately cleared his throat as he watched the TV quietly while reading the news. He was looking at the news ticker and was utterly shocked while reading it.

'SM Entertainment releases statement regarding the news of EXO's Suho and Red Velvet's Irene dating....'

After a few seconds, another one appeared, 'SM Entertainment confirmed the rumour that EXO's Suho and Red Velvet's Irene are dating....'

Y/n could see it happening – SM revealing it to the public. However, he never expected it to be too soon, and even though he had already braced himself, it still hurt Y/n.