Chapter 29

"We're home," Y/n announced his arrival with Wendy.

Irene stepped out of the kitchen with a smile, "welcome home, you two," she greeted.

Wendy looked at her leader, surprised by the unannounced arrival of Irene. "I-Irene... when did you..." she quickly let go of Y/n's hand and looked away with a flushed face.

Y/n, who kept a poker face, continued to look at Irene – he tried to hide the fact that he was surprised, but there was no denying that it made him slightly excited by Irene's presence.

"Don't worry, Wendy – you don't have to hide it," Irene said, already realizing that she was in a relationship with Y/n – she wasn't happy with it. She felt a pang of jealousy upon realizing it a while ago, but Irene respected the latter's decision to date him.

Y/n cleared his throat, looked at Wendy, and then at Irene again, "when did you get here?" he asked.

The latter hummed and looked at him, "oh, I just got here fifteen minutes ago," she replied.

"Alone?"

Irene shook her head and took a few steps away from the kitchen's entrance, and not long after that, Suho stepped out of it with a smile. "Hey guys," he waved at them. Y/n looked at him for a moment – he couldn't deny that he was still disappointed and jealous, but he played it cool and smiled at Suho.

"Sunbae?" Wendy looked at Suho in surprise.

Suho laughed at his junior's reaction, shaking his head, "why do I feel like neither of you appreciate my presence?" he asked, smiling.

"That's just your feeling, Junmyeon. Any friends of Irene's or Wendy's are welcomed here," he said before peeking his head into the living room, where Sejeong was hanging out with Yuri, watching the television.

Y/n looked at them and cleared his throat, "three worldclass celebrities are in here, and you guys weren't even starstruck?"

Yuri looked away from the television and smiled at him, "I already experienced it a few minutes ago, now I'm recovering from it," she said, fanning herself with her hand.

Sejeong looked at her cousin, "I mean, I felt it when they first got here, so now it only felt like friends coming to visit."

Irene also peeked her head in the living room, "that's right, Sejeong! We are not here as celebrities. We are here as friends," she chimed in.

Later that night, the family and Suho, Irene, and Wendy had dinner together in the dining room – it was Suho's first time dining with Kim's household. Still, it felt as if he had been there a few times because of how kind and friendly the family were with him.

"You didn't get to join us the last time, did you, Suho?" Mrs Kim said as she looked at him.

Suho nodded and bowed politely, "ah, yeah. I was busy then," he said, looking at Y/n, "you are a good cook, Y/n. Do you want to work as a chef for our company's cafeteria? I can help you if you want."

Y/n looked at him and shook his head, "that's a nice offer, but I don't want to work for now," he said, and his mom nudged his side, "what?" he looked at her.

"How long are you planning on being unemployed? This offer doesn't come so often for us who live in the countryside," Mrs Kim exclaimed.

"I... mom, I told you I would find a job at my own pace," he sighed before looking at Suho, "but seriously though, Junmyeon, I will pass the offer for now," he said, giving him a small smile.

Suho nodded, "what's with the formality? Call me Suho. It felt awkward when you call me by my real name," he said before shaking his head, "but let me know if you change your mind."