Chapter 77 [Final]

After getting cleaned up, Irene, Sejeong, Seulgi, and Yuri joined the others in the dining room not long after, and Y/n looked at them, flabbergasted by the girls' earlier state, covered in flour.

"What's up with these cakes, anyway?" asked Y/n, looking at the three beautifully aligned cakes on the table. The girls exchanged looks before Yuri stepped in front, pointing at the first cake from the former's left.

Yuri cleared her throat before talking, "this first cake is to celebrate you and Wendy getting back together," she said, earning a surprised look from Y/n - it has been more than two months since they reconciled, so it was a little late to celebrate them getting back.

Wendy looked at the cake, smiling awkwardly before looking at her leader, Irene - she knew that the latter was the mastermind for the getting back together cake. "Is that something worth celebrating, though?" asked Wendy, tilting her head while keeping her eyes on them.

"Are you kidding me?" Sejeong shot her a playful glare, "girl - for all the hassles and hardships that came with getting you back together with Y/n, I say it was something to be celebrated," she exclaimed, and the couple laughed at her.

Y/n shook his head, amused by the small gesture from his cousin and friends. He cleared his throat afterward and looked at the cake in the middle, "what about this one? What is this for?"

"Ah," Yuri clasped her hand, "this one is your farewell cake - Sejeong told me you are moving out," she explained, looking at Sejeong, who was crossing her arms while flashing Y/n a smug smile. "I don't know why you decided to move out, Y/n," she sighed disapprovingly at the idea of the guy leaving the village.

Sejeong nodded aggressively, "I know, right? I wonder what was on his mind while making the decision," she whined, looking at her cousin with a playful glare. After a minute, she cleared her throat and pointed at the last cake, "Anyway, this last one is..." She took out a few candles and put them on the cake - seven total.

"It's for me," she clapped her hands before showing Y/n the date on her phone - the latter's eyes widening at the realization. It was Sejeong's 27th birthday, and Y/n was too caught up with everything that had been happening lately he didn't even realize how much time had passed.

Y/n got up and smiled, "Happy birthday, Sejeong!" he exclaimed before going to his cousin's side, hugging her tightly - the other girls smiled at the sight. Not long after that, Yeri and Suho entered the dining room while singing happy birthday to Sejeong, followed by the others.

***

That night, the house was filled with laughter - everyone was happy, and things were starting to return to normal for the first time in a few weeks. The birthday girl, Sejeong, went out to buy a few things from the store with her cousin.

"I didn't realize it was your birthday today," said Y/n as they walked back to their house - his hands busy carrying the plastics filled with snacks for the people at their place to eat.

Sejeong chuckled, shaking her head. "I mean - the last few weeks were eventful, so I can't blame you for not remembering the date today," she sighed. "I also would've forgotten if it wasn't for the Google calendar reminding me it was my birthday today," she added.

Y/n smiled softly as he listened to his cousin, shaking his head in amusement, and they continued to walk in silence for the next few minutes before he opened his mouth. "Sejeong," he looked at her cousin, who hummed in response before looking at him. "Do you really don't want me to move out?" he asked, his smile not escaping his face.

He stopped walking, following Sejeong. A few seconds later, she looked at him with a smile, "I mean, if possible, I don't want you to move out for good - it would've been better if you could stay," she said with a sigh. "But I also understand that you need to move out so you can manage your café a lot easier."