Chapter 23

The next day, Y/n and Wendy woke up almost at the same time, with the former being five minutes earlier than the latter.

"Did you sleep well last night?" asked Y/n, facing Wendy with a small smile.

Wendy nodded and hummed softly before rubbing her eyes, "yeah, I slept well."

Y/n smiled and brushed her hair off her face before looking around the room, "I'm planning on redecorating my room today – I mean, I have been planning to do so for the past... I don't know, six months?" he shrugged, not remembering how long he had planned to do so.

Wendy smiled as she let him brush her hair away from her face, "is that so?" she hummed as she looked at Y/n's room – she could see the moss green wallpaper was peeling off in some areas, but other than that, his room was clean and neatly organized.

"Do you want to come with me to the town?" offered Y/n.

The offer immediately woke Wendy up as she looked at him, "now?" she asked.

"No," replied Y/n, chuckling softly. "Around 10 a.m."

Wendy nodded, humming. "Then, we can cuddle a bit more, right?"

Y/n shook his head and lay beside her again, scooting closer to her – Wendy covered her mouth, shaking her head while looking at him with puppy eyes.

"What's wrong?" asked Y/n.

Wendy looked away from Y/n before replying, "I have morning breath..." she exclaimed.

"That's okay," Y/n said before kissing her forehead.

The two continued to cuddle for the rest of the morning before finally heading into the shower – they took turns entering.

Sejeong entered Y/n's room shortly after Wendy stepped out of the shower and looked around, "where is Y/n?"

Wendy hummed and looked at Y/n's cousin, "oh, he is still showering," she answered while drying her hair on his bed.

"Are you guys going on a date?" asked Sejeong, noticing the blue crop top and pleated skirt the older girl was wearing. Wendy looked at her and giggled, shaking her head as she continued to dry her hair.

Just then, Y/n stepped out of the bathroom with a similar blue shirt as the crop top Wendy was wearing and a pair of white pants, "we are heading out to the town," he answered in Wendy's place, looking at Sejeong.

The latter raised her eyebrows, tilting her head. "What for?"

"Y/n said he wanted to redecorate his room, so we are heading out to buy a new wallpaper," Wendy said, looking at Y/n, confirming their plan for the day.

"That's right," Y/n nodded. "Do you want to come with us?" he asked, looking at his cousin.

A teasing smile formed on Sejeong's face before shaking her head, "nope. I know you guys are using that excuse to go on a date. I don't want to be third-wheeling you guys."

Y/n looked at his cousin; he was looking at her disapprovingly.

Sejeong stuck her tongue out, "enjoy the date," she said before walking out of the room, teasing the couple in a singsong way as he walked along the hall. Y/n rolled his eyes before sitting beside Wendy, looking at her.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

Wendy pulled a small mirror from her purse before checking her face, "I still haven't put my makeup on," she said, looking at Y/n.

The latter stared at her for a moment before getting up, "that's fine. You look pretty even without makeup on," he said as he walked towards his study table, taking his phone and wallet before taking his sling bag off the wall hook.