chapter twenty-nine

𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 Tony, Grace needed to clear her head

𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 Tony, Grace needed to clear her head. She hadn't thought of her past for so long and suddenly found herself telling her nephew her entire life story. While Tony was still grasping the concept of SHIELD while in lockdown under the watchful eye of Phil Coulson, Grace was walking mindlessly around town.

She passed by various stores and glanced inside their windows before continuing on with her walk. She stopped when she saw an antique store and walked inside. Hearing the floors creak from the weight of her step, she took in a deep breath, taking in the aroma of the store.

"Welcome!" Grace looked up when she heard the enthusiastic voice and saw an elderly woman moving toward her. "I hope I didn't frighten you. We haven't had any customers today, you've just gotten me excited."

Grace smiled. "How long have you been in business?" she asked, looking around at all of the antiques. "You have some wonderful items."

"Nearly fifty years," the owner replied. "Well, feel free to look around. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask."

"Thank you."

Grace hugged her arm as she started walking through the shelves. She, of course, recognized many of the objects and smiled fondly at the memories she had. She paused at a shelf that held a pale blue record player. Her fingers gently traveled along the needle and the smooth metallic surface.

"Ah, I see you've found our little corner of music," the shop owner said and Grace glanced back at her. "Not many people your age are as interested in old-fashioned music. These record players have been collecting dust."

"I love old-fashioned music," Grace told her, looking back at the record player and records. "Elvis was always my favorite."

"Oh, we have some records of his, if you'd like to see them?" Grace nodded and took a pile from the owner, looking through them. "You're an interesting person, I must say." The brunette looked up at the woman. "Usually the only customers I get are people around my age."

Grace huffed out a chuckle and shrugged. "What can I say? I'm an old-fashioned girl at heart." She let out a breath and looked at the pale blue record player. "You know what? I'll take the record player."

"Really?"

She nodded. "Yes. I already have all of his records, it would seem. But the record player is too good to pass up."

"That's wonderful." The shop owner smiled at the brunette. "I will have that packaged up for you. Is there anything else you might be shopping for?"

Grace shook her head and looked around the store. "No. I just... I needed a sense of familiarity, I guess." She pursed her lips and looked back at the shop owner. "I'm sorry, I never got your name."

"Oh, Victoria."

"That was my mother's name," Grace said with a small smile and shook the woman's hand. "Grace."

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 ━ steve rogersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara