chapter seven

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐀 table with her sketchbook open in front of her while Steve was at another table, marking the map that lay on top of it

"The fourth one was in Poland, here," he said and Grace looked over to see him circle a section of Poland. "Not far from the Baltic..." Peggy glanced at Grace and smiled. "And the last was outside of Strasbourg, say thirty, forty miles west of the Maginot line." He looked up and saw the two women watching him. "I only got a quick look."

"Well, nobody's perfect," Peggy told him, patting his shoulder. Grace chuckled and the two joined her at her table just as Howard walked up to them with a blue Hydra cartridge in his hand.

"Hey." He looked at Steve who was standing behind Grace's chair. "Aren't you supposed to be picking up a medal right about now?"

"Didn't you hear?" Grace asked, looking up from her sketch. "He's not a dancing monkey anymore."

Steve chuckled when Colonel Phillips walked in. "Rogers!" he called and both he and Grace looked up. "You just embarrassed a senior senator in front of a dozen reporters and ten members of Parliament."

"And that upsets you, colonel?" Grace asked.

He shook his head and handed him the medal. "Hell no. You should get a medal just for that."

Grace chuckled before taking the medal out of the box and pinning it to Steve's jacket. He looked at her and she smiled. "You earned that medal. Apparently in more ways than one. You deserve to wear it."

Steve smiled and they both turned when they heard Colonel Phillips' voice. "Either of you figure out what this is, yet?" he asked Howard, gesturing between the two siblings.

"If you believe Rogers, it's apparently the most powerful explosive known to man," Howard replied, holding up the blue bottle.

"If?"

Howard frowned. "Well, either you're wrong or Schmidt's damn near rewritten the laws of physics."

"Well, I certainly hope that's not the case," Grace said as her brother walked to his lab. "Howard's rather fond of physics..."

"Are these all of Hydra's factories?" Phillips asked, turning to the large map that stood in the middle of the room.

"The ones we know about," Steve replied with a nod. Grace followed him while Peggy eyed the two of them. "Sergeant Barnes said Hydra shipped all the bombs to another facility. And that wasn't on the map."

Phillips let out a breath, studying the map before walking toward his office. "Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6," he said, gaining the English agent's attention. "I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base."

"What about us?" she asked.

"We're going to light a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass," he replied before turning to Steve. "What do you say, Rogers? It's your map. Think you can wipe Hydra off it?"