chapter fifteen

"𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 famous Hollywood actors recommend Diamond Toilet Soap for high-quality complexion care

"𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 famous Hollywood actors recommend Diamond Toilet Soap for high-quality complexion care. Be a Diamond girl. Only thirty-nine cents for two bars. And now back to our program. When we last left our hero, Captain America had saved the 25th Infantry, but his plane was going down the Sea of Japan."

"Gabby, I'm afraid this is the end."

"Oh, Cap, there will never be another man like you. I love you, Captain America."

"But Gabby Stan, face wet with loving tears, hears only static—"

Grace forcefully turned off the radio and let out a breath. She closed her book and put it in its spot on the bookshelf before looking around the large, quiet house. She hadn't seen her brother or Peggy in months and the only company she'd had was either Jarvis or his wife. She spent most of her time in various bookshops wandering the rows and stacking novels until she couldn't see.

"Um... Miss Stark?"

Grace turned from the bookshelf and looked at the British man. "What is it, Jarvis?"

He cleared his throat and walked deeper into the room. "I know you asked that I don't tell you about your brother unless it was about clearing his name, but I'm afraid I have to break that promise."

"Why?"

"He's in the living room." Grace furrowed her brows and swept past Jarvis into the room to find her brother standing by the table of drinks.

Howard looked up and smiled. "Whiskey?" he offered, holding the bottle up toward her. She shook her head and he shrugged. "More for me, then."

"What are you doing here, Howard?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"I've come to make things right," he replied, walking over to her and she raised her eyebrows. "With you... and with the law."

Grace nodded. "And you had to make a quick visit to the house?" she asked.

"I want you to come with me," he said and she crossed her arms. "If I'm making things right, then that means that I won't keep anything from you."

Grace looked at him and nodded. "Okay, then."

⸻ ~~~ ⸻

"𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 something more than that. Ivchenko has a plan. He brought us into Russia. He tricked us into bringing him into this country. There's something specific that he is targeting. We just have to find out what it is."

"I think we have your answer," Grace said and all SSR agents turned to see the Stark siblings and Jarvis.

"The target is me," Howard added as all guns pointed at him.

"Get your hands up!" Jack exclaimed and Jarvis immediately did. "Get your hands up!"

"Told you this would happen," Grace muttered to her brother and he furrowed his brows.