chapter sixteen

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 the bustling metropolis of the country

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 the bustling metropolis of the country. It had been so for many years and had been through many changes in its existence. One thing that hadn't changed was that in a small bar, lodged between a laundromat and a shoe repair shop, a young woman with dark brown hair sat at the bar with a martini in front of her.

"Can I get you another one, ma'am?" the bartender asked and the woman shook her head with a polite smile.

"I have somewhere I need to be," she replied, dropping bills onto the counter and collecting her purse. "You make a good martini, though. Thank you."

"Ma'am." The woman stopped in her tracks and turned to look at him. "I don't mean to pry, but you look a little like Tony Stark."

She chuckled and shrugged. "I get that a lot. But in truth, he looks like me, not the other way around." She smiled at the man and left the bar. She walked along the sidewalk of the busy street and looked at the various shop windows when she heard a voice behind her.

"Miss Stark."

"Happy." Grace turned to look at her nephew's chauffeur and smiled softly. "For the millionth, just call me Grace. I'm not in the '40s anymore. No need to be so formal."

Happy nodded. "I thought you might like a ride to the expo... Grace."

"That's very kind of you, Happy," she said, following him to the parked car. "And has Tony shown up yet or is he still out partying?"

"That might be a question for Colonel Rhodes," he replied, shaking his head. "Not me."

Grace shrugged and slid into the backseat, seeing a flyer for 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝙺 𝙴𝚇𝙿𝙾 on the seat beside her. She took the paper in her hand and saw the familiar logo of Stark Industries and the large design in the center. Though instead of her brother's name at the bottom, she saw her nephew's.

"Times certainly have changed, Happy," she said, looking out the window at the passing buildings. "And yet a Stark is still doing an expo. What are the odds?"

⸻ ~~~ ⸻

"𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊. 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘. 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐔𝐒. American patriot."

Grace sat in the audience of the expo presentation, keeping a lookout for her nephew, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Even from an early age, the son of legendary weapons developer, Howard Stark, quickly stole the spotlight with his brilliant and unique mind. At age four, he built his first circuit board. At age six, his first engine. And at seventeen, he graduated summa cum laude from MIT. Then, the passing of a titan. Howard Stark's lifelong friend and ally, Obadiah Stane, steps in to help fill the gap left by the legendary founder, until, at age twenty-one, the prodigal son returns and is anointed the new CEO of Stark Industries. With the keys to the kingdom, Tony ushers in a new era for his father's legacy, creating smarter weapons, advanced robotics, and satellite targeting. Today, Tony Stark has changed the face of the weapons industry by ensuring freedom and protecting America and her interests around the globe."