Ch.17

This was a lot more people than I expected, and I wasnt having as much fun as I expected. I wasnt in the mood to get drunk, and me going to a party and staying sober is never fun. I promise I'm not an alcoholic but I only let lose when I have some type of alchohol in my system. Ok I might have a problem.

From across the room I see valen and the same blonde that I seen him kiss talking, he seemed happy. If he's happy then I'm fine. It doesnt even matter, we're barely friends and just kissed a few times because of the moment. I'm glad he's moving on, it's for the best. Fuck being sober.

~•~

I dont know how many drinks I've had, but all I know is that my vision is blurry and I'm sat on the floor in a corner with a beer in my had. My head laying on the wall while I watch all the sweaty bodies grind on eachother. My heads tilted up while I take a swig of my beer. Fuck this, I dont feel like being alone tonight so I'm not gonna be.

I walk into the crowd and wait for my companion for the night to come to me. I focus on the music blasting, and it's nothing exciting it's just normal party music blasting through these walls. "Watchu doing here all alone ma?" This tall dark skinned deadhead man said grabbing my attention. Ok I was just looking for a fling, I didnt care for looks but this man was fine as fuck. I didnt know who was cuter. Him or Valen. Ok valen was but still my god he was fine. Wait why am I even comparing them, I don't care.

"Nothing much, just watching people dance as creepy as that sounds" Drunk me has no filter, and I always end up regretting it in the morning. He chucked, and damn did that vibrate through me.

~•~

His name was Brayden and he went to the same High School as me. I didnt recognize him cause I don't really stare at people like that. I like minding my own business, a trait some people need to inherit.

He's cool and all but hes very cocky and toots his own ass. Exactly why this is just gonna be a one night stand. Sooner or later he invites me back to his place and I accept. As I stood up I noticed Valen and the girl still talking. Her hand playfully hitting his shoulder and her laughing at everything that came out of his mouth. "Yo you coming?" Brayden said snapping me out of gaze. "Yea" I stopped looking brushing this weird feeling out of me and following Brayden's steps.

~•~

The sun flashing through the curtains wake me up from my slumber. Its Christmas. Merry Christmas Mom, Merry Christmas Dad. I miss you guys so much. I look to my side to see a clock on the night stand. 9:12 Am

Fuck. Our whole Christmas hang out starts at 10. I dont know how far this guy who I forgot his name lives. I'm praying not far. I need to leave asap. I turn my head to see his still passed out asleep. I slip out of the covers and grab my clothes, keys and phone and slip out the door. I turned on my phone to put in my place on the gps but notice that 5 missed calls from valen. Why was he calling me? shouldn't he have been occupied with his little friend.

~•~

Turns out he lived about 20 minutes away and I arrived home home pretty shortly after I left his place. It's currently 9:36. Ok fuck I needa quickly shower and get dressed. I don't really know what to wear to this so I just throw on random shit from my closet and grab my bag, keys and phone and leave my place. Then I turn right back around forgetting the fucking gifts.

I'm a little late and it's currently 10:23, but it's still 10

I'm a little late and it's currently 10:23, but it's still 10. And if I'm going to honest I'm a little nervous and can't get out of my car. And honestly a part of me doesn't want to. This new me is becoming more social and more open and it's scaring me, I'm not ready to open up yet but I don't exactly want to close these people out. I've just never been this social and hanging out with people who consider me their friend since my dad died. Before he would try to force me out of the house but even then I never really hung around people like this.

I guess I'm just scared that I'm losing myself. But I deserve this, i deserve to have fun, instead of spiraling with my thoughts alone. I deserve to be happy once in a while. I shake all these negative though who are yelling at me to drive back home and push myself out the car and carry the gifts with my to her door step. I knock 3 times and wait for a response.

"N ur here!! I was worried you wouldn't come" Michelle said embracing me in a warm hug. I look down at my phone to see the time, '10:49' I stared at my phone a little shockedly. I spent over 20 minutes contemplating whether if I deserve to have fun and be happy. "Merry Christmass by the way, and damn who  the fuck has that big ass gift, better be me" Michelle jokingly pointed out valens gift. She welcomed me in and closed the door behind her.

I settled down to see everyone already here including paulina. I'm glad they like her. Even though we go to different school she still manages to be a good friend to me and to them. They all put their attention towards me and greet me with warm welcomes making me feel like I belong.

Their stares start to falter except one particular pair of blue eyes which still linger on me. But I dont give them the attention they want and set all my gifts down on the table with the other presents.

"Merry Christmas you guys, now who ready to open some damn gifts." Michelle says excitedly

Thank u guys for reading this chapterrrrr, how do we feel abt valen moving on??? How do we feel abt Brayden. This story is not a love triangle btw so guys dont be scared. I'm not the biggest fan of love triangles either. See yall in chapter 18.

Xoxo