Ch.10

(Valens POV)

Novah is so set on the fact that she doesnt deserve anything good in her life, and keeps pushing me away. Luckly for her she chose someone who never gives up, I'll wait as long as it takes for her to be ready.

She let her wall go down a little and now I realize she isnt ok. When I saw her having a panicked attack in the cafeteria at school, and when I saw that shes been hurting herself made it aware to me that shes going through shit.

I've always felt like that from the moment I've met her. Her short and blunt responses and how she always fakes her emotions around people. But now I'm sure of it, and I'm glad to see that shes trying to change that.

One day we were hanging out and she told me that when winter break starts she going to admit herself into a psych ward. I'm proud of her for making that step in her life.

~•~

It's currently Thursday, the second to last day before we go on winter break, me and Novah decided to hang out at her place since this was gonna be the last day we hang out for a while since she admitting herself on Friday. I'm gonna miss her. Ever since we kissed again we've been hanging out almost everyday.

I arrive at the front of her door knock on the door 2 times, 5 second pauses in between

I hate that stupid voice in my head that just randomly pops up whenever it wants. I do as it says knocking twice with 5 second pauses in between waiting to be let inside.

The door opens with Novah standing right in front of me. She has her hair up with a clip and is wearing a stripped white and green oversized sweater, with her tan cargo shorts. She doesnt really wear makeup much unless it's that lash gell thing i think it's called mascara I dont know.

"Come in" She said letting me in before closing the door. "Hey I was thinking instead of staying in my apartment, we go to a fair" She said looking everywhere but at me as if she was nervous. That was the longest sentence she's ever said to me. Progress

"Yea sure, I'm gonna have to go back to my apartment to grab some things though" I said getting up from the couch to go back, "yea ok I need to grab something's too" She says going back to her bluntness.

I go back to my apartment, and change into a green hoodie and wear my tan cargos and pair it with some Jordan 1s. I grab my keys and wallet and head out checking the door multiple rime before the voice in my head was satisfied.

I go back into Novahs apartment since the door wasn't locked and wait for her to come out her bedroom.

About 5 mins later novah comes out looking the same, actually it looks like she put some of the black gel thing on her eyelashes, and she also wore her white converses with her outfit. She looks beautiful. "Sorry for the wait, I'm ready to go" She apologizes and grabs her keys and wallet and places it inside her bag.

We decide to take my car, an Audi rs 3. It was gifted to me by my aunt when I turned 17. We both get inside and I ask for the location which she gave me and turn up the radio. "What you heard" by Sonder was playing on the radio and I could hear and see her humming the lyrics to the song and tapping her fingers on the seat and she stared through the window.

We pull up to the Fair not too long ago and paid for our tickets, now we're wondering around. I notice that she starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with everything and with everyone around pushing and shoving us, so I pull her out of the big crowd and to the small stand up game. All you had to do is get the water gun and aim it at the targets

We get both get the gun battling eachother, "This shit rigged bro I swear" Novah exclaimed as the owner told us I won. "I think u just suck, here" I said smirking at her and lightly throwing the stuffed turtle I was given as a gift.

"Let's go on a Roller Coaster" She tells me excitedly. First time I've seen this side of her. She grabs my hand and pulls me toward the roller coaster line, my fingers curl a little.

Little does she know I'm absolutely terrified of heights. Its our turn to get on the roller coaster and I break the news to her."I'm insanely scared of heights." I tell her kinda chuckling in an awkward manner.

"Your lying right" she looks at me trying to find if I was telling the truth. I shake my head as a response. A few seconds later I see her put her hand out for me to hold. "Hold on tight then" she jokes, wow shes so differnt today. I'm glad shes letting lose. I grab her hand and she squeezes it tight ad the ride starts.

~•~

"You shrieked like a little girl, it was hard to conceal my laughs" Novah said laughing , Ive never heard her laugh before, giggle yea, chuckle yea, but laugh never. I laugh with her, "hey I thought I was falling off a building it was scary"

"I'm hungry, let's go get some food" I tell her grabbing her hand. We stop by this chicken place and order, "Needa get all the good food I get before tomorrow" She tries joking but i can tell she wasnt happy about going to the psych ward, but she knows it the right choice and for than I'm proud of her.

We grab our food and sit down onna bench. "I dont know much about you, let's play 21 questions" I suggested. "Ok" she responds covering her mouth as she spoke since she had food in it. "What's your full name" I start off easy. "Novah Marie Jacklin" she responds taking a sip of her drink. "Same for you" "Valen Carson Jones" I responded, I've always hated my name since my mother was the one who gave it to me.

"What's about your family, how're they like" I ask her not thinking it would be anything bad but oh boy was I fucking wrong.

She takes a deep breath before responding which is when I knew I fucked up. "Mom, Dead. Dad, Dead. Siblings, None" She said pausing after ever word. "Novah I'm so sorry for bringing it up, are you ok."
"Its ok, I'm not ok but I will be soon I hope" She responds getting up to throw her trash away

Thank you for reading chapter 10 I love u guys smmsmsmsmsms frfr, Novah bae getting comfortable around mr.Carson a lot moreeee cant wait till they get closeee, see u guys in the next chapter

Xoxo