Ch.14

Its friday. I have to return back to school now, Christmas is next week Saturday and I dont know how I'm even going to survive that day. Let's not dwell on it now and wait for the time to come. I get dressed and get ready to head out. (She's wearing some black baggy Jean's with thunder strikes inpretended on the back pockets, and a black graphic t shirt.)

"Hey can I get a ride to school" I hear a voice from behind me says as I exit my apartment. I turn around to be met with the blue eyed boy I keep thinking of. "Yea um sure." I dont even question why he needs a ride.

We get outside and I plug my phone into the aux and the neighborhoods 'Reflections" started playing.

I have a wide music taste. It just depends on my mood and right now my mood is the neighborhood. "Hey so how've you been" he questions awkwardly. I know what he's talking about. I sigh while still keeping my eyes on the road replying "it was a mistake, I feel shittier than I did before I left and trust me I was already feeling pretty shitty." He nods restricting himself from saying anything and after that the ride was quiet.

We arrive at school and went our separate ways, I get a ping from my phone and see a text from an unknown number "heyy Novah, its paulina" So I did give her my right number I text back quickly with a simple response and head to my first class of the day.

"Ms.Jacklin glad you can finally join us, please take a seat." Mrs.Breacher says joyfully. I was shocked. This woman was ice cold. She definitely had a good winter break that's for sure.

I take my usual seat in the back and start taking notes. I feel a tap on my shoulder and already know who it is."I missed you novah" Nick tells me in his usual upbeat tone. I nod with a lopsided smile in response and put my focus back in the board.

~•~

It was lunch now and I was sitting at my usual spot in the back of the cafeteria. I'd usually be reading a book but I havent had my phone for 3 weeks so I'm just scrolling on tiktok.

I see 3 shadows heading for where I was but didnt pay it any attention, until the shadows spoke. "NOVAHHH" Michelle tackled me into a hug. We both fell on the floor as she strangled me with a hug. She pulled back with her arms still on my shoulders, "I've missed u like crazy N" she tells me tears prickling her eyes, oh ok. "N ?" I question the new nickname.

"If you guys are done with the reunion, we were thinking about having a hang out at either one of ur apartments." Nick tells me. We ended up agree on my apartment. Maybe I'll invite paulina. We did want to hang out togther after we got out of that hell. Maybe it's time now.

Paulina👹:

'We should def hang out soon ' -P

'Yea for sure' - N
-----------------------------------------------------------
'hey I'm having a hang out with some people at my apartment, you wanna come ?'

'Sure'

'Address:xxx'

~•~

I do have therapy on Fridays but I canceled all my therapy sessions for 3 weeks because of the whole psych ward shit, so I don't have to go today. I guess since I'm 'hosting'this hangout for my friends, I think they're my friends. I need to get some stuff. I decided on target since it was close by

I filled my cart with snacks, alcohol and got some groceries that I needed too. I pull out my fake Id and go to the register but my attention gets put on the same guy me and valen walked past. It was like I was looking into a mirror. We looked exactly the same.

'Lady it's your turn' the grumpy man behind me tells me. I Mumble a quiet sorry and go on with my day still picturing the replica of me.

I got home and put away all the stuff I got and waited for the people to get here. About 5 minutes passed and I hear a knock, the first people to arrive were Nick and Michelle. They were doing small talk among themselves but also tried to include me in but I put no effort in trying to make small talk.

Somehow valen lives right next to me but still ends up being 24 minutes late.
"So everyone's finally he-." Nick says but a knock on the door cuts him off. They all looked confused on who else could be knocking because they thought it was only them.

I know its paulina, but they didnt. I open the door to reveal the bright cherry red head right in front of me. She looked better, her hair tamed, her eye bangs starting to disappear. She looks some what of healthy.

"Novah " she beamed embracing me in a hug. "How are you" I know what she means, I tell her we'll talk later and invite her in.

They were all focus on who i was talking to at the door and now their focus was on the red head next to me. "Paulina these are my- this is Nick, Valen and Michelle. Guys paulina my friend."

I just dont know if I can label them my friends, I dont think they deserve the trouble of being friend with me. Paulina doesnt either but we understand eachother and shes seen me in my most vulnerable moments so I count her as a friend. I know dumb.

They all smother her with welcomes and made her feel comfortable. We decided that we were gonna start off the night with games and then end it with a movie.

"Ok who's ready for uno with a twist." Nick declared. He explains the game to us, so it's safe to say that we're all gonna be a bit tipsy or even drunk by the end of this game. I dont even know why I agreed to a hang out, moreover at my place. I cant kick them out now just because I'm starting to regret.

Let's see how this night goes...

Thanks4 reading chapter 14, much love 2 yall fr. I've always dreamt abt making my own book. Reading and writing and mostly writing gives me peace so I'm glad that I can share it out to an audience, see yall in chapter 15. Dont forget to vote

Xoxo