Volume 6 Chapter 19 - Converging Fates

[A/N: I don't believe the Scythes reached the integration stage, but I may be wrong in this case. I am assuming that the Scythes are at the white stage like the Lances but are much stronger because of their Vritra blood.]

|Third POV|

The sky above the Wall transformed into a swirling tapestry of vibrant mana hues, as if reflecting the intense clash taking place below. Three formidable figures converged, each embodying their own power and purpose.

Leading the charge was Gary Whiteborn, the Commander of Dicathen and unrivaled mage of the land. His piercing amethyst eyes, devoid of warmth, mirrored the vast emptiness of space. With every fluid swing of his sword, he effortlessly shattered the spells hurled at him by his adversaries.

Opposing him stood Jezebeth Vritra, the former Demon King who once fell by Ren Dover's hand in a previous life. Driven by a thirst for vengeance, he joined forces with Kevin, their motivations veiled in enigma. 

And then there was Kevin, a mysterious figure whose true intentions remained shrouded in secrecy. Despite the uncertainty surrounding his allegiance, his power could not be dismissed. A vital ally to Jezebeth, he proved instrumental in restraining Gary's advance.

The clash of these three titans painted a mesmerizing spectacle, where destinies intertwined and ancient grudges resurfaced. The fate of the Wall hung in the balance, as the battle raged on with unyielding intensity.

The battleground was a realm of chaos and tension, where the clash of swords and fists echoed with an unyielding fury. In this fierce confrontation, no bystander dared to intervene, for the combatants operated on a level far beyond ordinary comprehension.

Gary, wielding his ominous dark blade, skillfully parried the relentless assaults of Kevin's purple sword. The pride of the Vritras that was created from the most powerful Asuras found itself unable to gain an upper hand against the childhood weapon that Gary wielded with unmatched mastery.

An absurd scene unfolded, defying all logic and expectations. Jezebeth, a full-blooded Vritra, could not assert his dominance over Gary. Instead, he was steadily pushed back, his every strike met with unwavering resistance.

Overwhelmed by astonishment, Jezebeth managed to utter a question through gritted teeth, "How did you attain such unfathomable strength? Just a few years ago, you were nothing."

Silence filled the air as Gary's intense gaze fixated on a peculiar ornament adorning Jezebeth's form.

"I have no obligation to answer your inquiry," Gary declared, his voice brimming with unwavering resolve. With a swift motion, he unleashed the devastating technique known as the [Fifth movement of the Keiki Style: Space Splitter], causing the very fabric of space to rupture around Kevin and Jezebeth.

In an instant, they were engulfed by a blinding cascade of luminance.

As the blinding light subsided, Gary pressed forward, seizing the advantage. The realization dawned upon him, connecting the dots behind Lancelot's defeat. The mystery lay in Kevin's possession of a concealed technique, catching Lancelot off guard with its deadly efficiency.

Gary's Sword Domain, an invincible realm of dominance, remained impervious to Jezebeth's mighty fists and the powerful onslaught of Kevin's Levisha Style.

Amidst the relentless clash, a faint tremor reverberated within Gary's mana core. It was a revelation—an awakening to the full extent of his power in this current life. For the first time, he felt an intimate connection with the boundless energies of mana and aether that permeated his surroundings.

In a sudden surge of power, Gary found himself thrust into a realm beyond his current capabilities. His very fingertips grazed the ethereal, translucent boundary that separated him from the elusive <SS-> rank.