Volume 3 Chapter 0 - Prologue

|Cynthia|

Xyrus Academy that I established after the war is now known as the best academy in the continent. However, not even my closest friend Virion knew the true reason I had established Xyrus Academy.

I had founded it to nurture talented individuals who could stand against the impending threat of Alacarya. According to my calculations, there was still a decade left before it arrived, but it was not enough time.

Excluding the Asuras, the Vritras had advanced Alacarya to an unparalleled level compared to Dicathen. But then, I found new hope in the form of a new generation of geniuses who were far greater than those who came before them: Arthur Leywin, Prince Alistair Eralith, Rachel Glidesburn, Lancelot Orbel, Gary Whiteborn, Princess Kathlyn, and Tessia.

They were all more talented than Virion and me and had the potential to reach the white stage in the future. Perhaps, they could even reach the level of the greatest Vritra-blooded lessers, known as the Scythes.

At first, it was just a pipe dream, but seeing how quickly four of these geniuses grew under my tutelage made me truly realise the extent of their talent. Particularly, Alistair was a monster, even Avier respected and held him in high esteem, which greatly shocked me.

I sighed and sank back into my comfortable chair, as I waited for the seven to arrive after being invited by me. I remembered smirking to myself before getting up from my seat, "They are here already."

|Arthur|

I stepped off the carriage sent by the Vincent family and gazed in awe at the magnificent academy. It was easy to see why it was known as the greatest in the continent and deserving of its reputation.

'Good thing I left Sylvie home,' I thought, 'I wouldn't want her running around here.'

As I turned around, I heard the sound of approaching horses and saw three more carriages arriving. I realized that I was not the only one called here.

Tessia and Alistair stepped out of the first carriage, which was easily recognizable as belonging to Elenoir. They both greeted me with bright smiles, but before we could start talking, another familiar carriage pulled up. This was the same carriage I had seen when Lilia's friend came to visit, meaning that Lancelot and Rachel were there.

Lancelot and Rachel stepped out of the carriage with their usual calm demeanour. However, Rachel immediately embraced Tessia in a hug as soon as she saw her. Alistair and Lancelot greeted each other with a handshake. I remembered that the four of them had spent several months training under Director Goodsky, which explained their familiarity.

Finally, the carriage belonging to the Glayder Royal family arrived, and Gary and Princess Kathyln stepped out with grace.

Kathyln was a sight to behold - her beauty had only grown since the last time I had seen her. Although still petite, her figure was now slightly curvaceous, and her face, while still chilly, seemed to have warmed with a hint of childhood innocence in her large, brown eyes.

Gary, on the other hand, was a commanding presence that immediately dominated the area. His eyes glinted arrogantly, and a confident smirk played at his lips as he approached us with Kathyln by his side.

As I looked at him, I couldn't help but think, "What level has he reached? He's become even more monstrous than before."

Even though I couldn't quite put my finger on it, I could tell that Gary was much stronger now.

"It's good to see you all again, fellow prodigies. My name is Gary Whiteborn, the winner of the Three Races Tournament," he said with a smirk.

Kathyln gracefully greeted everyone with a slight bow, her ice-blue and black dress's hem held up as she introduced herself, "Greetings, I am Princess Kathyln of the Sapin Kingdom."