Volume 3 Chapter 15 - Power of Aether

|Gary|

The tournament was postponed for a week following an unfortunate incident involving Alistair. He required time to recover and regain his strength after being in a coma for three days.

Arthur, Alistair, and I agreed that we would delve deeper into the subject of aether once the tournament was concluded, which was a positive development.

I thought to myself, 'I didn't intend to disclose the information to the former king of elves, but he is perhaps the most suitable person to enlighten about aether.'

As I stood on the stage, the Director approached my line of sight and addressed the audience, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the much-awaited semi-finals of this year's magical tournament! We regret the delay of one week, which was caused by unforeseen circumstances. Please refer to the display artifact to view the match-ups for this round."

With a beaming smile, the Director glanced briefly at Alistair before continuing with the announcement.

|Arthur|

My muscles involuntarily tensed as my eyes fell on the tournament bracket, revealing the identity of my next opponent. But in truth, I already knew who I would face - Gary Whiteborn.

It was impossible for me to emerge victorious in the upcoming battle, and I couldn't shake off this feeling of inevitability.

The Director's voice resounded through the stadium, calling out the names of the contenders. "Arthur Leywin and Gary Whiteborn, please proceed to the stage!"

Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves, I locked eyes with Gary. His expression was indifferent, yet the confidence in his amethyst eyes spoke volumes. He knew he would triumph, and I couldn't even blame him for it.

He had already demonstrated his superiority in Capture the Flag and had humbled me with his remarkable swordsmanship during the preliminary round. However, I refused to concede defeat without giving it my all.

The atmosphere in the arena was charged with tension as we assumed our positions. My opponent's assurance was evident as he faced me, but I refused to back down.

"Ready, set... Begin!" The Director's command rang out, and the battle commenced in earnest.

With a sudden burst of energy, I drew my sword, Dawn's Ballad, from its sheath. The teal blade caught the light of the sun, glinting with an ethereal glow.

I channeled all six elements of mana under my command, igniting a swirling vortex of blue flames that enveloped the sword. Wind and lightning energy coursed through my body, and I felt the ground shake beneath me as I summoned the power of the earth.

The stage cracked and crumbled beneath us, and water flowed alongside the blue flames as I charged straight at Gary, my eyes locked on his amethyst gaze.