Volume 3 Chapter 16 - The Perfect Plan

[A/N: Setting goals is a great way to motivate oneself, and I'm grateful to have received almost 300 votes. I want to extend my sincere thanks to all of you! As we move towards the end of the tournament arc, I've set a new goal of reaching 320 votes. We shattered that goal so the new goal is to surpass the vote count of the original ff, which is 449 votes. Reaching 450 votes in 10 weeks should be a good goal.]

|Alistair|

Gary's victory over Arthur was nothing short of dominating, leaving the audience stunned. Although Arthur had managed to disarm him, Gary had showcased an unparalleled level of mastery in bare-handed martial arts, completely suppressing his opponent.

But what had truly bewildered the crowd were their peculiar abilities. Both combatants were quadra-elementals with the ability to teleport and, astonishingly, pause time. Of course, I knew that the latter two abilities were a result of their manipulation of aether, but the audience had no idea, believing instead that a powerful beast will was at play. This theory was only bolstered by the ferocious transformation that occurred whenever they tapped into the power of aether.

As the dust settled, the Director made her way towards my vantage point, addressing the audience. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the second match of the semi-finals of this year's magical tournament! Please refer to the display artifact to view the upcoming match-up."

As I climbed the stairs to the stage, my heart was pounding with anticipation

As I climbed the stairs to the stage, my heart was pounding with anticipation. Lancelot Orbel, my opponent, stood across from me, his eyes fixed on mine.

We had sparred a total of twenty-three times before, with me coming out victorious in nine of those bouts and losing the other fourteen. However, I knew that all of my losses were after he contracted with Sylph, the spirit of wind.

Since then, I had attained enlightenment in my fight against Gary, which had made me stronger. I was determined not to lose this battle.

The air in the arena was thick with tension as we took our positions.

"Get ready," the Director's voice echoed through the arena, "On your mark... Begin!"

Without hesitation, I reached into my spatial ring and summoned my trusted weapons: Faithkeeper and Argentum Fang. I infused them with a combination of lightning and wind magic before launching them towards Lancelot.

Lancelot's trump card was Sylph, the spirit of wind. With a wave of his hand, Sylph materialized beside him and conjured a massive tornado of wind mana that hurtled towards me.

I brandished my twin blades, Faithkeeper and Argentum Fang, and clashed against the powerful spell, breaking it apart. But the sheer force of the impact sent me tumbling backward.

Undeterred, Lancelot activated his Spirit Dive. Green mana surged around him, enveloping his left side and forming a half-crown on his head. While incomplete compared to Nicole's Spirit Dive, it was still formidable and had helped him defeat me in the past.