Volume 3 Chapter 7 - Paladins

|Arthur|

The remaining morning class after Practical Mana Manipulation ended swiftly, and before we knew it, lunch was upon us, followed by yet another meeting of the Paladins.

Sylvie was napping on my head, already tired even though there still quite a bit of school left.

Alistair and I made our way towards the grand Paladins' main room, which dwarfed even the spacious DC.

The Paladins' main room spanned across two floors, much like the DC room, connected by a grand staircase.

On the lower level, a vast expanse of space awaited, with individual training rooms for each of the seven members of the group, marked with their names.

Ascending the stairs, we arrived at the upper floor, where the meeting room was expected to be located. The air of anticipation grew stronger as we approached, with every step bringing us closer to our fellow Paladins.

"Ah, you're finally here," Gary greeted us with a warm smile, turning towards us as we entered the room.

"It's good to see you again, Gary," we responded, returning the gesture with our friendly smiles.

Gary laughed lightly, dismissing the formalities. "No need for such pleasantries. Take a seat, the others have been waiting for you."

As we settled into our seats, Gary took charge and initiated the meeting. "Firstly, let's start with proper introductions. It's important that we know each other's fighting styles, beast will, core stage level, and other relevant information."

Gary led by example. "My name is Gary Whiteborn. I am 12 years old and use a single-edged curved sword as my main weapon. I am at the mid silver stage and have affinities with lightning, wind, sound, and illusion magic. I do not possess a beast will."

Lancelot followed suit, "I am Lancelot Orbel, also 12 years old. I rely on three different weapons: a double-edged sword, a halberd, and a bow. I have a contract with the wind spirit, Sylph, and am at the initial silver stage. My affinities lie with wind and gravity magic."

Kathyln stood up and bowed respectfully before introducing herself, "I am Kathyln Glayder, also 12 years old. I am a conjurer who uses a bow as my weapon. I am at the light yellow stage and have an affinity for ice magic. I do not possess a beast will."

Tessia spoke next, "I am Tessia Eralith, 13 years old. I am a conjurer who also uses a sword. I am at the solid yellow core stage and have affinities with wind, water, and plant magic."

Rachel introduced herself, "My name is Rachel Glidesburn, 12 years old. I am a conjurer who uses wands as my weapon of choice. I am at the initial silver stage and have affinities with water and earth magic. I am also contracted with the water spirit, Undine."

It was then my turn to introduce myself. "My name is Arthur Leywin. I'm 12 years old and I'm an augmenter who uses a single-edged sword as my weapon. I have a powerful beast will of unknown class, and a bond as well, although it's not particularly useful in battle."

I pointed to the top of my head where Sylvie was resting, eliciting some gasps from the girls. 

"I'm currently at the light yellow stage and have affinities with all four base elements, as well as ice, lightning, and gravity magic deviancy through my beast will's second stage." I continued before finishing.

Alistair, sensing the surprise among the group, quickly took his turn to introduce himself. "My name is Alistair Eralith. I'm 12 years old, and like Arthur, I'm an augmenter who uses two swords to fight. I don't have a beast will and I'm currently at the initial silver stage. My affinities lie with wind, fire, and lightning magic."