Volume 3 Chapter 10 - Slumber Party

[A/N: Here is fun slice of life chapter I decided to add before the tournament arc. Enjoy!]

|Rachel|

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked Kathyln again, twirling to get a good look at my light pink and white pyjamas.

"Don't worry, Rachel," she reassured me. "We can't spend all night deciding what to wear. Our guests will be here soon."

I let out a small pout but nodded in agreement. I was excited about the prospect of a girls' slumber party. It had been so long since I had one in my previous life, and I was grateful that my fellow noble and princess friends were willing to join me.

As we finished getting ready, the anticipation in the air was palpable. I couldn't wait to play games, eat snacks, and tell stories with my closest friends. The thought of a night filled with laughter and memories brought a smile to my face.

Finally, we heard a knock on the door, signalling the arrival of our guests. I took a deep breath, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness. But as soon as the door opened, and we all greeted each other with hugs and smiles, any anxiety melted away.

Claire, Tessia, and Lilia were just as excited as I was, jumping around as we started to play some games. Laughter and giggles filled the grand room as the hours ticked by.

As we lounged on the bed, Lilia suddenly asked, "Have you guys heard the nicknames the other students have given you three?"

Tessia sat up in interest, "What nicknames?"

"The Lunar Goddess for Tessia, Ice Empress for Kathyln, and the Golden Brilliance for Rachel," Claire replied with a giggle.

Kathyln raised an eyebrow, "Why the nicknames?"

"It's because of your personalities and how you carry yourselves," Lilia explained, "You all leave a strong impression on people."

Tessia blushed at the compliment while I smirked, "I can see why they would call me that."

Kathyln rolled her eyes but couldn't hide the small smile on her face.

'She's showing more emotions than before,' I thought.

"Have you guys heard the nicknames that the other students have given the four guys?" Claire said as Lilia nodded.

Curiosity piqued, we asked her to spill the beans.

"Well, the girls have really gone all out. Gary is called the Silver Wolf, Alistair is the Crimson Prince, Lancelot is the Night Raven, and Arthur is the Azure Knight," Lilia said with a giggle.

We couldn't help but laugh at the creative, yet slightly odd, nicknames bestowed upon the guys by the female student body.

"I think they suit them perfectly," Tessia remarked as we continued laughing.

"Want to play something more exciting?" I suggested, grinning mischievously and causing the laughter to die down.

"What do you have in mind?" Tessia asked, snuggling her head into a pillow on the bed.

"How about truth or dare?" I proposed. "We take turns being asked a personal question that we have to answer truthfully or perform an action that everyone else tells us to do."

Dead silence filled the room until Claire finally broke it. "Then let's start with you, Rachel," she said, taking the initiative.

I nodded eagerly, ready for the game to begin.

"Hmm," Claire hummed thoughtfully. "Let's start with an easy one. Do you have love Lancelot?"

Without hesitation, I answered, "Yes, I love Lancelot."