Volume 6 Chapter 8 - Assignments

[NA/N: Finally some action coming next chapter, I was getting bored of writing these chapters.]

|Gary|

Facing the six resolute Paladins before me, I assumed a commanding stance, the weight of responsibility evident in my gaze.

"As you are well aware, our land is currently embroiled in a war that threatens our very existence. Within this tumultuous conflict, three critical junctions have emerged, each demanding our unwavering attention: the fleet assaulting the Telmore forest, the relentless beasts breaching the Wall, and the imminent attack on the Elshire Forest," I stated, my voice firm and resolute.

Understanding the gravity of the situation, the Paladins stood attentively, their eyes focused and ready for the challenges ahead. I continued, addressing each Paladin directly, ensuring clarity in their assigned tasks.

"Alistair and Tessia, I entrust upon you the protection of the Elshire Forest. Your familiarity with the location will be a formidable shield against any threat that may loom within its ancient depths."

Lancelot and Rachel, pillars of strength and valor, stood tall, their eyes burning with determination.

"Your presence in the Telmore Forest is of utmost importance. As seasoned warriors and natural leaders, I have faith that you will command your divisions with honor and unwavering bravery, defending our lands against the encroaching enemy forces."

"To you, Arthur, I entrust the Wall. Rally three other Lances and fortify our defences against the relentless assault of the beasts. Your unwavering commitment to duty shall serve as an example to all who stand beside you."

Lastly, my gaze rested upon Kathyln, I revealed her unique mission, one that required her infiltration skills.

"Kathyln, a secret infiltration mission awaits you in Darv. You shall infiltrate and expose any traitors amidst us."

As I concluded, the weight of the impending battles hung in the air. Each Paladin understood the magnitude of their assigned roles, and the fate of our land rested on their unwavering commitment.

"Remember, these positions are not set in stone. Adaptation and agility will be paramount in the face of ever-changing circumstances. Our collective efforts shall drive back the forces that seek to undo us. Together, we will rise above the challenges that lie before us, for we are the guardians of Dicathen, the defenders of peace, and the embodiment of unwavering courage."

|Arthur|

As I stepped into the expansive hall, anticipation filled the air as my division and the three accompanying Lances awaited my arrival. Twenty-five seasoned mages stood before me, their years of experience and unwavering dedication evident in their eyes. The room pulsated with the aura of their solid yellow stage and several even bore the distinguished silver stage status, marking them as formidable assets to our cause.

Lances Varay, Alea, and Mica stood alongside my division, their white stage auras radiating strength and resolve. It was clear that their presence would bolster our forces, ensuring our collective might at the Wall.

Taking a moment to absorb the gravity of the situation, I understood the weight of responsibility bestowed upon me. My assignment to the Wall held a twofold purpose: strategic planning to safeguard our defenses and the disposal of any Scythe infiltrators who dared to venture within our territory.

Addressing the assembled mages and Lances, I stood tall, projecting confidence and power.

"My esteemed fellow mages and revered Lances, gathered here today at the forefront of our defense, the mighty Wall, I, Paladin Arthur Leywin, stand as your Captain, accompanied by my formidable dragonic bond, Sylvie, who serves as our Vice Captain. In this critical hour, it is with great honor and confidence that I address each of you, recognizing the immense power and unwavering loyalty you bring to our noble cause. It is through our collective efforts that we shall fortify our position, safeguarding the safety and well-being of our cherished land and its beloved inhabitants.