Volume 7 Chapter 2 - Integration Stage

|Gary|

Taking a deep breath, I immersed myself in the practice of cultivation, surrounded by the four particles of mana and the dancing motes of aether. Seated in a lotus position, I could sense the power of the mana particles being drawn into my white core, which was on the verge of integration.

Suddenly, I found myself once again thrust into that metaphysical realm, reminiscent of the one I had encountered while battling Jezebeth and Kevin simultaneously.

An ethereal, translucent barrier loomed before me, an obstacle on my path to reaching the coveted <SS-> rank. My fingertips grazed the surface of the barrier as I exhaled, feeling the immense power surging within me, ready to break through.

Closing my eyes, I summoned every ounce of determination, allowing it to course through my veins as I pushed forward. The barrier began to fracture under the weight of my relentless resolve.

In an awe-inspiring display, my white mana core dissolved into nothingness, merging seamlessly with my physical form. It was as though my entire being had transformed into a conduit for mana, a colossal mana core possessing unparalleled purity and strength compared to a mere white core.

Within my sternum, only the radiant glow of my purple aether core remained. My mana levels soared to unimaginable heights as I ascended to an entirely new realm of power. The sensation was akin to the exhilaration I experienced when I first transcended from the high silver stage to the white stage, yet it was simultaneously incomparable in its intensity.

"You're ready now," Vicht said, leaning casually against the door to the training room. I grinned at her, feeling a surge of anticipation as I rose to my feet.

"Is this the peak of mana power?" I inquired, my curiosity piqued. Vicht shook her head, a knowing expression on her face. "Integration may be the highest stage, but no, there's always room for further growth. That's why not all integration stage mages are equal."

"Can Asuras reach this stage?" I sought confirmation.

She nodded, her gaze focused. "Asuras, unlike us, possess cores that continuously expand alongside their growing strength. Their unique physiology allows them to wield considerable mana power without the need for excessively large cores."

"Which is why you developed spellforms," I stated, connecting the dots. "To emulate the Asuras' ability to amplify mana flow within their bodies."

"You catch on quickly," she remarked, a warm smile gracing her lips as we stepped out of the training room. "Indeed, spellforms were crafted with the goal of replicating the Asuras' innate capacity to enhance the mana coursing through them. And to some extent, we have achieved success."

Vicht's voice rang out, drawing my attention. "Your sword is ready as well." With a clap of her hands, she conjured a spatial portal, through which Kailred, the Grandus, stepped into view.

His eyes gleamed as they landed on me. "Gary," he greeted with a respectful bow, and I reciprocated the gesture.

"Your weapon is complete," he announced, producing the sheathed Dusk's Shadowfang. I accepted the sword and drew it from its scabbard, only to find that its appearance remained largely unchanged, much to my initial disappointment.

However, upon closer inspection, I noticed intricate ridges and embedded connecting pieces adorning the otherwise pristine surface of the blade.

"Bond with the blade once more," Kailred advised. I nodded, pricking my palm to release a few drops of blood onto the hilt. Channeling mana and aether, I infused the sword with my essence.

The dark blade stirred, emitting a low hum as it awakened.

'Master?' a sweet feminine voice echoed in my mind.