Volume 4 Chapter 7 - Elven Kingdom

[A/N: I was planning on finishing this volume by Friday, however, that won't be possible and I will instead finish this volume by next week. Triple upload tomorrow and Friday as well before the quadruple upload on Saturday to finish this volume up.]

|Arthur|

Tess couldn't meet Alistair's eyes for a while after he set her back down. Gramps promptly dismissed the guards and we made our way out of the manor. With the royal family's mansion in shambles, we had to settle for a nearby inn. As we sat down on a plush leather couch in the lounge of the Spiral Ivy Inn, Gramps let out a deep sigh.

"I should inform my son about what happened, just in case he and his wife cut their meeting short. They might assume the worst," he rubbed his temples wearily.

The scene inside the inn was a sight to behold. It was filled with indistinguishable chatter and the clatter of plates and utensils as patrons enjoyed their dinner. But as soon as they caught sight of us, it was as if someone had pressed the mute button. The inn workers and customers alike froze, their jaws dropping at the sight of the former king of the kingdom with his disheveled appearance carrying his granddaughter, the princess of their kingdom, accompanied by the prince of the kingdom and a mysterious human.

Fortunately, the inn manager quickly raced out, beating all of the nearby elves and merchants courageous enough to horde us, and escorted us to the VIP lounge.

"I must apologize for this, Elder Virion. We weren't expecting a visit from someone of your status or else we would've surely made accommodations." The manager's posture was deliberately lowered, one hand cupping the other. "Might I ask what brought you to our humble inn? Is there anything I can do for you to make your stay here more comfortable?" he continued on.

"The manor is a bit... messy at the moment. We're fine here for now; just have a room for us to stay and we'll be okay." Gramps waved the manager away after setting down Tess, who had fallen asleep on the way here. On the other hand, you can almost see the tail fiercely wagging from the ever-attentive manager as he nodded like a puppy that just got a treat from his master upon receiving Virion's directions.

I got myself settled on the couch facing Virion's as I set down Sylvie who was quietly snoring in my arms by the time we got here. "So what happened back there, Gramps?"

"You wouldn't believe this, brat. I examined her mana core the other day and guess what... her body was already fully integrated with the Earthern Shell's beast will!" Virion leaned in forward. The excitement in his sharp eyes contrasted how softly he spoke to not wake Tess up.

"You can't be serious... How can her body be fully integrated with an SS class beast—" I stop what I say as Windsom pops up in my mind. Were the orbs that he gave to Tess responsible for this unprecedented phenomena?

"What's wrong? Why did you stop talking all of a sudden?" Virion raised a brow.

"No, it's nothing. I was just thinking. Gramps, is that why Tess tried to release the first phase of her beast will?"

Virion let out a wry laugh at this while he scratched his cleanly-shaven chin. "We both got a little ahead of ourselves in thinking that Tess would be able to control her powers because her body was already integrated."

While the integration between the beast will and the host was essential in order for the body to fully adapt to a mana beast's will, especially for one that was at a higher stage than their own strength, it was also a training process of sorts. Through the integration process, you become accustomed to how the beast will might affect your body and how you can control its powers, even if it's a little bit.

Tessia was able to skip this long and arduous process, whether fortunately or not, preventing her from becoming exposed to what effect the beast will can have on her when released.