Volume 7 Chapter 0 - Prologue

|Gary|

"Before we delve into your training, I believe it is necessary for you to meet someone," Vicht said, her smile holding a hint of anticipation.

From thin air, a robust figure materialized before us. He possessed a stature that surpassed that of dwarves, elves, and humans alike.

An Asura.

Recognition struck me as I recalled his mana signature, though his name escaped my memory.

"You," I exclaimed, realization dawning upon me, "You are the esteemed master blacksmith of the Whiteborn Dukedom."

A nod of affirmation accompanied his words, "Indeed, it has been a considerable time, Young Master. At Vicht's behest, I was the one who forged your sword."

"My name is Kailred, a member of the esteemed Grandrus Clan of the Titan Race," he introduced himself with a dignified air, his voice resonating with power. "When I initially forged your sword, I intentionally left it unfinished. However, if you desire, I can complete its creation."

Intrigued, I inquired, "What would happen if you were to complete it?"

A glimmer of excitement sparkled in his eyes as he replied, "I would bestow upon it the gift of sentience."

My astonishment was evident as I exclaimed, "You possess the ability to create a sentient weapon?"

Kailred's expression held a mix of pride and humility as he produced a small stone from his pocket. Retrieving a compact, black case from his coat, he unveiled a pyramid-shaped, opaque gem. "This is an acclorite, a seemingly inconspicuous mineral. However, with the employment of my refined techniques, which I guard closely, this unassuming stone possesses extraordinary potential."

He paused, his eyes twinkling mischievously. "Well, the refined techniques of my brother and I, to be precise."

"Your swordsmanship is truly unique, Gary. I have meticulously studied your battles, and I now possess the confidence to merge this acclorite with Dusk's Shadowfang. This will enhance its attunement to your body and grant it the ability to gain sentience. The sword has grown through its bond with you, but without the infusion of an acclorite, it cannot independently acquire sentience and become a worthy weapon for you."

Understanding dawned upon me, and I extended my hand, presenting him with my blade. He carefully unsheathed the dark, curved blade, inspecting it with a keen eye before letting out a low whistle.

"You have taken excellent care of this blade, Gary," he remarked, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Very well," Vicht declared, her voice carrying authority, "I shall impart the knowledge of aether to you, while Alexis will serve as your sparring partner. However, these endeavors shall commence once you break through to the integration stage. As for your training battles, I shall grant you access to our treasury, where you may select a suitable blade that will serve you well for the time being."

I nodded, a newfound determination burning within me as I comprehended the path that lay before me.

'Our next encounter,' I vowed silently, my fist clenching,  'shall witness my unwavering strength. I shall not falter again.'

|Arthur|

Time drifted by in a state of formless void, leaving me adrift in a realm where the passage of time was an enigma. It was an existence suspended between moments, where the concept of time itself lost its significance.

Then, a prickling sensation jolted me from my stupor, a faint tingle on my arm, confirming my existence outside the confines of my consciousness. As the moments unfolded, the prickle escalated into sharp, piercing pains coursing through my body. But I welcomed the pain, for it was a tangible proof of my existence, an affirmation that I was more than a mere specter in this ethereal realm.