Volume 2 Chapter 10 - Spirits

|Lancelot|

After we had been training for four months under Director Goodsky's tutelage, we were called back home for an important event.

Spirit Coronation.

There were four spirits in the world. The spirit of water, Undine; the spirit of fire, Salamander; the spirit of the wind, Sylph; and the spirit of the earth, Gnome.

The Kingdom of Sapin had four noble families with the bloodlines of the first contractors of these spirits.

They were all powerful families, however, two of them were destroyed long ago. For the two remaining families, only the branch family remained alive while the main family also died.

The branch of the Rutland family, whose progenitor was the contractor of Sylph, was now the Orbel family.

The branch of the Golddall family, whose progenitor was likewise the contractor of Undine, was the Glidesburn family.

The last spirit contract that came from these families was from a hundred years ago, just a few decades after the main families were destroyed.

Simply carrying the blood of the spirit contractor didn't guarantee much. Nicole Fejalk, the current contractor of Salamander, is someone who isn't from the Summerster family that was wiped out long ago.

He isn't even related to that family, which shows how flawed this concept was.

The spirits in this world were very different from the spirit in my old world. The selection criteria were very mysterious, as there was seemingly no required age or core stage.

However, although these two branch families remained, they weren't considered much in the eyes of the king as the descendants weren't able to contract with the spirits.

The Spirit Coronation was still carried out as a tradition, and it was held when the heir to the family reached the silver stage.

'Is the Sylph of this world the same from my past world?' I wondered. There was little chance of that happening, but so was the chance of me reincarnating in another world.

All I could do was hope that my greatest comrade from my previous life was here to support me again.

There was a reason I was excited about this. Even though it was unlikely, I wanted to get Slyph, even if it was not Bell.

The abilities of a spirit contractor are amazing. Spirit Dive, which even at just half-stage can be compared to the integration stage of an SS-class beast will.

It would allow me to bridge the gap that formed between the other geniuses and me. 

I was too arrogant, and I didn't realise how quickly the others developed.

I had to catch up, I couldn't stay behind and keep on losing to them as I did repeatedly against Alistair.

My thoughts were disrupted when I felt Rachel's hand on mine. I turned to her as she explained, "We reached already, Lancelot."

I nodded my head and got out with Rachel just behind me. The maids and servants of the Orbel family greeted us before escorting us into a room.

Stepping inside, I found my father and Count Glidesburn already present. Both of them stopped talking and smiles appeared on their face as they turned towards us.

Rachel quickly rushed over and hugged the Count, who was taken aback at her action, before he wrapped his hands around her.

"How was your trip in Xyrus City?" my father asked me after we settled on the couch.