60- the fucked up family

today was fionas court hearing. my siblings and i all sat in the first row, waiting for fiona. 

then i saw her in behind the glass with the other prisonsers, wearing prison uniform. it hurt seeing her like that. 

debbie waved her and i gave her a smile. she tried to wave back, but her hands were cuffed behind her back. she looked awful, not gonna lie. 

"fiona gallagher. case S6-974356." a man read out loud. 

"read the charges." the judge said. 

"possesion of a controlled subtance, a class 4 felony under 720 illinois criminal statue 570.1, and child endangerment, a violation of the reckless conduct code, 720 ILCS5 section 12C-5, a class 3 felony." a woman read. 

i honestly have no idea what all of these letters and numbers were there for but i could tell they don't mean anything good. 

"how does the defendat plead?" the judge asked. all eyes went to fiona. but she didn't say anything. 

"miss gallagher?" the judge repeated looking annoyed. 

"not guilty, your honor." fiona answered. 

i don't know if it was a good idea to plead not guilty or if it would be smarter to admit being guilty. 

"defense requests the accused be released on her own recognizance." fiona's lawyer said. 

"cocaine overdose in a toddler?" the prosecutor argued. "the child is still in intensive care." jeez i wish i could make the ratty fat woman shut the fuck up. it wasn't fionas fault. 

"bail is set at 100,000$. check with the clerk to get a prelminiary hearing date. next." the judge decided. 

WHAT. how in the fuck are we supposed to get 100,000 dollars?! i looked at lip in shock but he looked numb. emotionless. 

i could see v being angry as well. then fiona was lead out and we got up, starting to chase fiona's lawyer. 

"excuse me!" v yelled. "we're fiona gallagher's family."

"ok?" she answerd, rushing down the hallway. 

"one hundert thousand dollars? she didn't carve some dude up and stuff his parts in the freezer! 

"you don't have to put up 100,000. county only requieres ten percent for the bond." the woman finally stopped and looked at us. 

"ten grand?" i asked. 

"they accept collateral of equal value, a house, a car. i can try to get it reduced at her preliminary hearing if the victim recovers, that could influence the judge to lower bail. now i gotta go." she told us and began to walk up some stairs behind her. 

i turned to lip. 

"10,000 dollars?" i asked.

"forget it. we don't have it." 

"we can't just leave her in jail." debbie piped in. 

"we don't have the money, debs." 

"well, we can raise it! we can sell stuff and-" 

"-NO! christ! just drop it! fuck, debs!" lip cut her off, yelling at her. 

..what the fuck? debbie stayed quiet for a sec, then stick up her middle finger into his face, running away. 

"debbie!" he called after her but she was already gone. 

"debbie?" v ran after her.

"well done, asshole, well done." i said ironically, walking away from my fucking brother.