43- work can wait

the next morning i sat between my big brothers at the breakfast table. opposite us the two guys from yesterday were sitting. in front of us trays with weird looking stuff.

"this is a fucking prison." i muttered looking at the 'food'. "what is this stuff?" i asked.

"it's puss from your mother's monkey. thought you liked the taste of that." one of the guys said.

"the fucks your problem, dude?" i snapped, glaring at them.

"nick, salvador, find another table. come on, chop-chop." d'andre walked over to us and nick and salvador took their trays and walked away. "proof of employment came through, so you gotta work today, kids." he sat down, "i need your employer to sign this. times in and out, you understand?"

"well, i'm actually pretty excited to get out of here, start looking to work." lip said and i giggled.

"nice try, but you have court-mandanted community service hours you owe. you and your sister." he looked at me. i looked like a total mess today.

"only a few. then we can start looking for work, so we can become contributing member of our great capitalistic society." i glanced at d'andre. i wish i could just punch him right across his face.

"you think you're better than anyone here, don't you? because you're the only girl?"

i fell silent for a second, looking at lip and then at ian. "well, yeah i do actually. i am better than anyone here. not just because i'm a girl. i mean look at you, d'andre." i said, not taking my poison looking green eyes of him.

"see, i could smack you right across the face, but i think it's better i get out your way, let life bend over instead." he nodded at me and i gave him a sarcastic smile. d'andre got up and walked away.

"dude thinks he's in an episode of fucking scared straight." i giggled and lip smirked.

-----

later we were meeting fiona and i was looking forward. i mean it's not even been two days since we were here but i really missed her.

"hey! i missed you guys!" we saw and heard her calling as we walked down the front stairs.

"fiona!" i sped up my tempo and she pulled me into a hug. lip and ian joined us.

"how you holding up?" she asked as we let go of each other.

"we're fine. this place is a fucking joke." i said while we walked over to the car.

"they still serving that rotten porridge?" i heard a familiar voice. frank. we just ignored him.

"you guys out on furlough?" fiona asked.

"we've gotta work. he's gonna finish parole hours." ian told her as i crossed my arms.

"you guys want a lift?" jimmy asked, leaning onto his car.

"uh no thanks, we gotta get our passes signed by the driver." i said, putting a cigarette in my mouth, lightning it up and taking a drag. "you already find the others?" i turned to fiona.

"not yet, but i will." she said, eying me. "you doing okay in there, vi? you need any cash? clothes?" she asked.

"no, no, fi, don't worry. i'm fine. we're fine, it's all right." i smiled, hugging her again. then lip took hus turn and then ian. "worry about him." i pointed at frank with my cigarette as we started making our way to the bus station.

"where's my hug?" frank asked. without turning around lip, ian and i all showed our middle fingers to him. "fuck you, frank!" i giggled, taking another drag.

------

"i mean there's just no privacy. if i wanna, you know, i gotta go to the fucking bathroom." i complained as mickey and i were restocking shelves at the kash n' grabs. ian was in the back, doing whatever.

"you fuck anyone in there yet?" he asked. i swear i heard some jealousy in his voice.

"jesus, no. every single of the guys in there are total douchebags."

"wise choice." he walked up to me.

"why you asking?" i smirked. he just looked at me in silence. "you jealous if i fucked anyone in there, mick?" i giggled and he flipped me off.

"fuck you, violet." he smiled. he would be jealous. "hey, my dad took my brothers on a run out of town for a couple of days, so... you wanna ditch that dump and crash at my place, you can."

i fell silent for a second but then i smiled. "was i just invited to a sleepover?" i asked.

"fuck you, is what you were invited to." he smirked and walked into the back.

------

everyone in the group home was in their bunk beds as d'andre walked up and down calling out our last names to make sure everyone was there.

"good night you shits of chicago, pricks of illiois." he laughed at his own 'joke'. oh jesus. after he walked out, the lights were turned off.

in that second my brothers and i got up and pulled on our shoes. we opened the door to the dorm room and walked down the stairs. lip handed salvadore some cash and he opened the front foor for us. mandy was waiting outside.

"have fun." lip said as ian and i walked out and mandy walked in.

------

i went to mickey, sitting on his couch.

"you are out of your mind. have you seen that fucking ponytail? it's a powerful ponytail, man. that's bullshit. seagle could totally kick van damme's ass." mick walked in with something in his hands that looked like cookies but i'm not sure what he tried to bake there.

"unless, unless it's double impact van damme." i said, with a cigarette in my mouth, putting the DVD into the DVD-player. then i took my beer. "because that's some van double DAMM." i laughed and sat down next to mick on the couch. he giggled as the TV turned on.

i handed him the smoke after taking another drag. "fuck van damme." he said, taking a drag. even though i was looking at the TV, i felt mickey's eyes on me. i took a sip of my beer and looked at him. we smiled at each other before our lips crashed together....

-------

a few days later i sat on mick's couch again, just in my underwear, smoking a fresh-rolled joint.

he walked in, also just in his boxers.

"i gotta go. work." i stood up.

"nah, vi, wait. interested in round three?" he asked smirking at me. i got these fucking butterflies again.

"the fuck's got you this horny?" i asked smiling.

"well, maybe i wouldn't if you would wear some clothes instead of  this..." he looked at my body as he began to touch my bra to open it.

"i think work can wait" i smirked.

"that's my girl." he smiled and pinned me down onto the couch. mickey saying that made me horny as fuck too. i put the joint away as mick started to place kisses down my neck.

suddenly the door swung open.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

terry.