40- you're screwing jimmy's dad?

"you're visiting a milkovich sister nobody's ever heard of in fucking milwaukee?" i asked as ian, lip and i pulled down the plastic trap from lip's old ice cream truck since some sister of mandy got an orphan. now he wants to save her from being alone or some shit.

"correct." lip said.

"and you're gonna do what?" ian asked

"we are going to evaluate her well-being, and, if need  be, rescue her."

"you mean kidnap." i piped in.

"provide transport to a safer haven."

"kidnap."

"rescue."

"however." i rolled my eyes as we pulled down the las plastic trap.

"bad idea." ian butted in.

"look, a kid's in trouble. we're gonna help." lip told us. it was a bad idea. i mean since when does mandy has a sister? or a half sister.

lip jumped onto the driver seat and i waited outside the truck as ian stood next to lip. in the truck.

"crossing state lines with a minor to the milkovich house of horrors seems more like abuse." ian said, crossing his arms. i wanted to join that conversation too.

so i jumped into the truck. "ian, move a bit." i said and ian gave me some space. "thank you."

"look, her mother's dead, she's hola alone and she's scared." lip argued.

"welcome to the predictable consequences of using crystal meth." ian said.

"lip, ian's right. none of us know that kid. it might be a psychopath or some shit. we should be careful." i piped in. again.

"what kind of thoughts do you have, violet?" lip giggled.

"lip, seriously. also, like ian said, putting that kid into the fucking milkovich house is a punishment. not a rescue. mickey told me once about terry chasing him with a knife only because he didn't bring him his cigarettes. and mickey was 8 then." i sounded like a mom but i just weren't into dragging some random kid with us.

"violet, if you don't wanna help, don't come." lip just said.

"fuck you. i'm not coming. this is ridiculous." i giggled as lip got the engine rattling. then it stopped. then it started again.

"what shitty car is this?" ian asked.

"yeah, have you ever driven this thing more than four consecutive miles?" i asked as the engine still changed from working to not working.

"i got this." lip said and ian and i hopped off. then the ice cream truck really started rolling. 

———

i sat at the table, reading a magazine when fiona walked downstairs. 

"hey, vi. when did you got home?" she asked me and gave jimmy a kiss, who put his money in the squirrel fund. 

"uh, 'bout 20 minutes ago i guess." i said. she nodded.

"hey, where have you been?" she asked lip, who just walked in. followed by mandy a little girl, who i assume is that half sister. 

"hey, milwaukee." 

"what?" 

"love milwaukee. brewies." jimmy piped in. 

lip took one of the cookies fiona made for a party with her working colleagues. she had a job in a supermarket lately. 

"hey, fiona." mandy leaned onto the bar. fiona just looked at her in silence. she still didn't like mandy. then she turned to me. "what's up, vi."