57- cocaine

i sat in the living room, watching my little siblings doing weird stuff. debbie was making some collage because her boyfriend broke up with her and she was totally freaking out and carl inspected his armpits to see if he has grown any hair. jesus.

that was when the front door swung open and, to my surprise, lip walked in. i felt my heart making a happy jump.

"lip!" i jumped up from my armchair, falling into my big brother's arms. 

"hey, vi." he smiled and then hugged debbie and carl. 

"you're home!" debbie smiled at him.

"thought it was time, i stopped by, check in." he said. 

"how are the coeds?" carl asked. 

"oh, it varies by coed." he said, then looked at debbies collage. "what's this?" 

"some kind of creepy art she's making because her boyfriend broke up with her." i said. 

"a boyfriend?" lip questioned. "and what are you doing?" he nodded at carl with the mirror in his hand. 

"he's counting underarm hair with a mirror." debbie rolled her eyes.

"home sweet home" lip sighted as i laughed, feeling happy to see him again. then he went to pick up liam and cuddled him. 

after letting liam down again, he turned to us again. 

"hey, you guys heard anything from ian?" he asked and i froze. i still hadn't told anyone about him enlisting for the army.

"not for weeks. and fiona doesn't care." debbie said. 

"what about the US army? you hear anything from them?" he kept asking and my panic rose even more. 

"no." carl and i said simultaneously, then looking at each other. 

"why the army?" debbie asked. 

"because ian joined up." lip finally said it and i let go a deep breath. 

"is he old enough?" she kept asking. 

"nah he used my name and social when he signed up and he tried to steal a helicopter and bunch of other shit. went AWOL." lip explained. i felt my heart beating faster. i can't tell if i felt anger or sadness or whatever hearing that ian went AWOL instead of returning home. 

or maybe it was clever from him because the army was looking for him. okay ian, point for you.

"does fi know?" i asked. 

"not yet. you know when she's gonna be back?" 

i shrugged. 

"you could call her." carl suggested but lip shook his head. 

"not the kind of news you wanna deliver on the phone." 

well, lip was right though.

------

"hey, aurora, get your ass out there." my manager yelled into the changing room. 

i don't know how i ended up working in a strip club as a stripper, but the tips are great an the coke i get here makes it bearable. but my siblings don't know for shits sake. i just told them i had this new job. they'd probably kill me if they knew. 

"yeah i'll be there in a minute!" i yelled back, putting on my outfit, which basically was sparkly underwear. i looked at myself in the mirror feeling kinda sad, how i ended up. but then i saw the line of coke on the little table. i shook my head, took  out a dollar bill, rolled it up and sniffed the coke through it. 

it felt amazing. no i felt amazing. ready to go out there.

----

"here we go" i walked up to a group of 3 creepy men all around 40 to 50. 

"thanks sweetie." they looked at me like some animals, craving for me. 

"what's your name gorgeous?" one of them asked. 

"aurora." i gave him a dirty smile. i know this is kind of a weird stage name but i didn't want anyone to know my real name.  

"that's a beautiful name." he checked me out. "i like you. you're pretty and young... how old are you?" 

"i'm sixteen." i know i just turned seventeen but they like younger girls better. the cocaine made me forget how digusting this was.

"that's great." he pulled out a dollar bill and tucked it under my panties, then pulling me closer by the waist. 

"i charge extra for touching." i told him, smiling at him. 

"that is absolutely no problem." he tucked a 100 dollar tip into my bra, then starting to kiss me. 

-----

when i got home it was like a quarter past 11 pm. as soon as i got onto our property, i heard loud music and laughter. 

i opened the front door to find v and kev dancing around and fiona and lip talking, while they both sipped on their beer bottles. they waved at me as soon as they spotted me. i waved back, let my bag down and grabbed a bottle of beer, starting to move to the music together with v. 

then i went over to fiona. 

"why are we partying?" i asked, lighting up a joint. 

"i'm gonna keep my job!" she yelled at me, smiling. i could tell she sniffed a lot of coke. 

"holy shit, that's great!" i smiled at her. 

that was when we heard debbie yelling from the kitchen. 

"fiona!" fi, lip (who was still standing next to me) and i turned to the kitchen, seeing debbie kneeing on the floor. 

we ran up to her and what i saw made me froze. 

"oh my god." i felt that i couldn't move anymore. 

"oh shit!" fiona kneed down as well and held up a little plastic bag that was laying next to liams little body. his face was covered in white powder. i knew exactly what it was. 

"what's on his face?!" debbie shouted. 

"oh my god, oh my god!" fiona stuttered. 

that was when v also came. "step back!" she told us. 

"he's not breathing!" debbie cried. 

that was when i felt my body being able to move again. 

"call!" fiona shouted as i took out my phone, with my hands shaking, dialing the abulance. 

everyone was surrounding liam. 

"everyone, step back. give him some room. liam?" v tried again. lip stood next to me. i could see the shock on his face.

"oh my god." fiona said those three words over and over again. 

my heart bumped so hard while explaining to the paramedics that my 4 year old brother had fallen into cocaine. my hands were shaking so hard and i felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. 

*editors note: i am so fucking sorry that i didn't update for over 1 month. but i had 0 motivation to write. but now i'm back and i'll try to update (i know that i always say this and never actually am more active but still, i'll try.)