17- gone again

i sat on a uncomfortable chair, as i heard the buzzers go off, which signalled that the prisoners are coming. i look up and saw mickey.

i couldn't stop the butterflies that started to fly around in my stomach, when i saw him. him and his wonderful blue eyes and his hair and...

he sat down on the other side of the glas, taking the phone. i did the same on my side and hold it up to my ear.

"thanks for putting money in my commissary account, i was running low on smokes" he said.

"not me, kash. i told him you might still press charges."

"thanks anyways" he smirked at me. god his smile made me weak. but i'd never admit that. "how long are you in for?" i asked.

"i dunno. they said it's supposed to be a year, maybe a couple months if i don't do anything stupid." he said.

"like what?"

"like stab that fat fuckin' mick, who keeps tryna steal my jell-O!" he turned around, yelling at some guy.

"who? me?" a voice answerd.

"yeah!"

"fuck you!"

i giggled and looked down. "well then don't do anything stupid" i said.

"why? you miss me little gallagher?" he smirked. hell yes i missed him.
"you wish" i lied instead of saying the truth.

"fuck you vi" he chuckled and i smiled at him.

then we heard the buzzers which signaled that the prisoners have to go back to their cells. mickey stood up. "see you then" he said, smiling at me. i smiled back.
"yes. see you then."

————-

in the afternoon we were all sitting in the living room, talking about monica, when lip came in.

"what did she want?" fiona asked him.

"she wants us to be home for dinner. some kind of family meeting." lip told us.

"family? fucking load of shit. did you tell her we know liam's franks?" she scoffed.

"yeah" lip answerd. i handed him a beer.

"you got any pot? if i have to see mom conscious, i might commit a violent felony." fiona went on.

"wow fi, you called her mom" i said.

"i did? i dunno if i ever felt like she was my mom."

"me neither." i said.

"me ian and vi got out DNA tests done" lip butted in, while he handed fiona a joint.

"why?" she asked.

"got excited about the idea of not being franks. plus if none of us are his you'll have an easier time of becoming our legal guardians." lip answerd.

"lips gonna pick up the results in about an hour" i said, taking a drag of the joint.

"well here's to you three not being franks."

--------

in the evening we were all sitting around the table. i sat between ian and carl.

"i hope everyone's hungy!" monica said, coming in with a big pot in her arms. she put it down on the table. she started scooping out serving's for everyone. don't ask me what that is. it looks hella weird anyways.

"here ian. it's your favorite" she said, scooping some on his plate. "lasagna." duh. that wasn't even his favorite.

then frank walked in. "sorry i'm late. oooo looks good!" he said, while taking off his jacket. then he squished between me and carl.

"you smell like a fucking pub floor" i said, sliding a bit away from him. as far as possible. about 2 inches. frank just looked at me. what the fuck. that was when lip also came in.

"lip! wonderful! we just started" monica said, smiling.

"your mother said 6:30. you lose your watch?" bob said, looking angry as always.

"no i don't have a watch bob."

"maybe he would have if our mother bothered to stick around and support us" i butted in. bob turned to me. "watch your mouth young lady" she demanded. i just gave her a sarcastic smile.

"what's the news?" ian asked.

"didn't open it, i thought we should do that together" lip said, sitting down across from me and ian. i was kind of nervous.

"so, me, ian and violet decided to get DNA tests too. on off the chance we're not franks." lip said.

"what?" monica froze.

lip just ignored her and opened the envelope, reading what was standing on that page. i almost stopped breathing and i had no idea why.

"holy shit! congratulations ian, you are not frank gallagher son" lip announced.

my jaw dropped. everyone looked around in shock. frank glared at monica.

"honestly sweetie, i don't know. i mean that was the week in summer '95 that i did a lot of PCP- "

"you did PCP?! without me?! you promised we'd do that together!" frank snapped.

"excuse you, can we please get back to who ian's father is?" fiona butted in.

"well i like the idea of monica cheating on frank, keeps ,y image of you right on track mom" i said sarcastically. "wait lip, what about you and me?" i asked.

"well vi, i'm sorry but we are frank's."

honestly i don't know if i like that or not.

"will someone please tell me what we're talking about?" frank butted in.

"the results say that you're absolutely not my father frank. but my father is most likely to be a close relative, probably on of your brothers" ian explained.

"dad has brothers?!" debbie asked. "three!" fiona said.

"honestly i don't know" monica said. this was really fucked up.

it didn't take long until everyone was fighting. about how monica fucked one of franks brothers (or maybe more?), how monica actually to divorce with frank to who was the one who gets to keep liam. then monica went to how frank 'tortured' her. jesus christ.

"okay, i know that he tortured you. i know that he ruined you. but it wasn't us who married him. that was you. so if you love us in any way, you'll leave liam here, take your girlfriend, get into your truck, leave, and never come back." fiona suddenly said.

she stormed out and we all followed.

--------

"what are they doing?" fiona asked. lip and ian stood at the window, watching monica.

"packing" lip said.

"what about liam?" debbie asked.

"i can't tell through the window." ian said. "hey guys, they're coming out" lip said, we all jumped up and ran outside to the street. we saw bob carring some bags outside. monica was holding liam in her arms. ian put an arm around me, holding me close. i looked at my other siblings and i saw fiona and debbie having tears in their eyes.

that was when monica spotted us. she came up to us.

she looked at fiona. i could see that monica was crying as well. she kissed liams forehead and handed him to fiona. thank god. i could feel the lump in my throat getting smaller.

then monica turned around and walked away.

"mom?" fiona suddenly said. monica turned around, glaring at us. fiona nodded her head. it was her way to say 'thank you'. monica got into the truck, sitting down next to bob. then we watched them drive away.

gone again.