Chapter 37

Upon returning to the inn room, Ghirahim read through the pages of the book he borrowed. Rucht, who had accompanied Ghirahim, stared at Link with curious eyes. "There's something different about you..." he said to Link. "I can't quite put my finger on it... Hmmm..." Ghirahim glanced at Rucht, wishing he'd be quiet. It wasn't any use anyway. According to the book, the magic causes the target to become deaf during the transformation. "Link can't hear a word you're saying, Rucht, so shut up." Ghirahim said angrily as his attention returned to the book in his hands.  'Intriguing....' Skai yawned quietly, finally waking up. He stared at Ghirahim a few moments before glancing right, seeing the messy-haired demon poking Link's face. He tiredly hopped to Ghirahim, hoping he would let him snuggle in his cloak. The demon gently pushed the harach aside. "Not now." Skai kicked the demon's leg before hopping behind a chair to continue napping. A quiet snoring filled the silence. Ghirahim glanced at his master, who's skin and hair were a shade darker than when he left. 'The transformation is a very slow process. We could be here awhile. Perhaps that's what Ithzarus wanted: to cause us delay. Any time now the king could launch an attack, and we can't fight or even leave the village with Master in this state. Our only hope is that Master finishes the transformation process in time.'

"Hey Ghira, I'm thirsty. Got any drinks?" Ghirahim's eyes shot up to meet Rucht's. 'Such an annoyance...' "If you desire a drink, why not go fetch yourself one?" "I don't know where to find any, and I left all my money at home. Can't you use that magic of yours and conjure up some juice or something?" A sigh left the demon lord's lips as he stood. "Fine, I'll go find something to drink. Don't bother Master while I'm absent." Ghirahim left, closing the door quietly behind him. 'He really couldn't search for something himself? Bothersome pest... Although it would be a good idea to have something for Master when he awakens. The book claims that the process is extremely painful. Despite showing no signs of suffering, Master must be in agony.'

Ghirahim returned with a silver tray of teacups and a teapot filled with hot water. In each silver cup was a few tealeaves. He handed the tray to Rucht as he returned to his research.