Chapter 3

Zelda's loftwing landed gracefully onto the soft grass of the Sealed Grounds, and was quickly followed by Link's loftwing. The two friends descended from their birds, bidding them farewell, and watching as they took to the skies once more. "Well, here we are!" Zelda said, turning towards Link, "Let's take a walk through the woods, ok?" Link smiled and nodded as he began to follow her through the Sealed Temple, to the entrance of Faron Woods. The ancient temple hadn't changed much since his last visit. Link took notice of several new strings of ivy tangling itself along the crumbled stone walls, and the tree he had planted for aiding the Thunder Dragon had begun bearing new fruits. He heard a quiet sigh escape from Zelda's lips. He didn't need to ask if she was alright. It was obvious to him that she was missing their friend, the kind old woman who had helped them on their journey numerous times. Link had missed her too, but the bond that she and Zelda had shared was something more than what he had with the old woman. He tried his best to push the thought out of his head as they neared the exit.

The two friends giggled excitedly as they ran through Faron Woods. They swung off the tree vines together, and explored the not-so-dangerous-anymore Deep Woods. On their way back to the main area of the woods, they stopped to pick some of the yellow fruit that grew in several of the nearby trees, and had a picnic under the great tree. While they were snacking on their fruit, Link saw Machi the Kikwi a short ways away. He waved at Machi, grabbing the small creature's attention almost instantly. Machi hopped on over. "Hi Link! I haven't seen you for... well... a long time!" 'It seems nobody has' Link thought to himself. "Ooh! You found the person you were looking for! Yay!" said the kikwi excitedly as he saw Zelda sitting next to the hero. Link gazed up at the sky as Machi spoke to Zelda. He watched the clouds slowly float by in the breeze as he listened to his friends having a conversation about the woods. He turned his attention back to the sky. At that moment, he swore he saw a thin, dark object plummet from the sky, and land somewhere within the woods.

Later that evening, he and Zelda returned home to Skyloft. "That was the most fun I've had for weeks! I'm so happy that we got to hang out like we used to." Zelda said to him as they entered the Knight Academy. "Yes, I agree. It was really fun." I replied, grinning at her to show my appreciation. "Well, goodnight Link. I hope you sleep well tonight." Link watched her walk into her room. Once he knew she was in bed, Link ran out to a diving platform and whistled for his bird. The sun was setting behind some distant clouds, casting a beautiful orange glow that illuminated the sky. He took a deep breath as he neared the wooded area. Something told him it was crucial for him to find what he had seen earlier. Jumping from his bird, he set out in search of the fallen object.