Chapter 12

As Ghirahim and Link ventured through the rest of the woods, Link noticed how dark it seemed to be getting. A few minutes before, the sun was shining brilliantly across his surroundings. Now, the woods were becoming darker each passing second. Ghirahim, sensing his master's slight unease, glanced over his shoulder. "The Woods of Labyrinth are just ahead. No need to fret about the shadows, they're perfectly normal. The Woods of Labyrinth emit a dark energy of sorts, causing shadows to emerge, and casting away the light. Well, here we are." They stopped at a path, a large tree growing on each side. The branches of the trees intertwined with each other over the path, creating what looked like an entry way. As they stepped through the entrance, Link noticed the woods changing drastically. The trees seemed to rearrange themselves along the path. "The trick to getting through is to stay on the current path. As we proceed, other paths may emerge. The dark energy of the woods causes you to hallucinate, and down these new paths, you'll see something that will make you desire to change course. If the woods trick you into walking down one of the several paths it creates, it will rearrange everything around you, making it impossible to escape. Never fall for the trick of the woods." Ghirahim explained with a grim tone of voice. Link moved closer to the demon. "Exactly what kind of things would you see?" Link asked as they continued to proceed. His question was answered as a path emerged to their left. Gazing down the path, he saw Fi, his old partner, and Zelda, beckoning for him to come join them. He tried his hardest to resist the temptation to join his best friends. The two managed to avoid any "trick paths" for the rest of the way through. Finally, after several minutes of watching tempting scenes before them, they reached the exit.

The exit opened up to a spacious clearing. Within the clearing grew several willow trees, but like the rest of the plant life here, they were dry and withered. Strange, orange colored grass blanketed the ground. As they stepped into the clearing, a temple came into view. The temple was made of stones covered in moss. A giant tree, bigger than any they had seen thus far, had grown it's way through the temple's ceiling. "This would be where the first shrine is located. Traversing the place is going to be such a bother..." Ghirahim muttered, sounding annoyed. "Let's move on then, no time to waste."