Chapter 20

As the three of them entered the home, the were immediately greeted by the delicious aroma of several hot dishes. Rucht approached the kitchen. "So great of you to come by on that evening when I randomly cook way too much food for myself!!!" he said, enthusiastically. Link glanced around the room. He had an interesting way of decorating. The living space was a decently sized room. A large wooden table stood in the center of the space, surrounded by four matching chairs. An ornate fireplace lit the room with the warm light from the fire. On a wooden end table in the corner sat a transparent pot. The pot was filled with leaves from a variety of different trees. The walls were decorated with little wooden stars. Link watched the harach hop into the kitchen, who was immediately noticed by Rucht. Rucht grabbed the little demon, pulling it into a hug. "Awwwwww!!! I caught youuuu!!! I'll give you lots of hugs!!" he said, snuggling the harach, who didn't appreciate the sudden contact. "Aohhh!!" It cried out, struggling. Ghirahim watched the scene with amusement. The harach managed to free itself from Rucht's grasp, hiding under the table. Rucht frowned. "Awww.... I wasn't even hugging him tightly. Oh well!!" He turned to the foods he had cooked, bringing them to the table one by one. Link watched him bring the meals to the table. There was some kind of roasted meat, a bowl of fruits he had never seen before, a vegetable plate, and a few desserts. Link's mouth watered as the air was filled by the luscious scent of food. It had been a few days since his last meal. He had been so occupied with their quest that he hadn't noticed. They all sat down, thanking Rucht for his hospitality, and began their meal. After savoring the scrumptious flavor of the meal he was given, Link practically dove in. The food was the best he'd ever eaten! Within a matter of minutes, Link's plate was empty. He sat with the two demons for the rest of the hour, watching them finish their meal then bidding Rucht goodnight.

Rucht had let them stay in the guest room. It was a rather small room, the only furniture being two small beds and a nightstand between them. Link plopped down onto the soft sheets of his bed, exhausted from all the day's events. He looked to Ghirahim, who gazed at the floor, lost in thought. "You like your friend, right?" Ghirahim looked up to meet his eyes. "Hmm?" "It's just... The way you were slapping him..." "Oh, that. I do love being in Rucht's company. But he has a habit of ranting on and on, which I'm sure you've noticed. A slap across the cheek is the only way to snap him out of it, I'm afraid." Link nodded. "Hey, I was wondering, why didn't you just teleport us directly to his house? It would have been a lot simpler than walking all the way there." Ghirahim's face became slightly flushed. 'Because I wanted some time alone with you, Master.' Ghirahim looked away. "No particular reason." he muttered. Link shrugged, watching his sword spirit. 'Ghirahim is acting odd. I wonder if anything's bothering him... He probably won't answer if I ask, so maybe taking his mind off it will help.' He glanced out the window. The moon was shining bright tonight. "Sure is a pretty moon. Reminds me of that first night we spent together." he said, in an attempt to distract the demon. Ghirahim gazed out the window. His brown eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "Yes, it is." Ghirahim turned to his master, walking to him slowly. He put his gloved hands upon the skychild's cheeks, his cheeks flushing bright red as he pressed his white lips to his pink ones. He closed his eyes slowly as he and Link shared their first kiss.