Chapter 23

The three got into position. Rucht sat at the top of a tall pine tree, crouching out of sight, while Link and Ghirahim stood behind a large pile of snow. Ghirahim glanced at Rucht, and with a quick wave of his hand, his friend jumped into the beast's line of sight. "Hey, you!! Betcha can't catch meeee!!!" he yelled, in a playful demeanor. He sprung from tree to tree at the speed of light, gaining a bit of distance before the beast chased him, roaring in anger as he was determined to catch the demon. When they were out of sight, Ghirahim turned to Link. "Let's go." he whispered, quickly grasping the boy's body within his arms, teleporting to the entrance. As much as the demon lord would have preferred to save his energy, trudging through the snow would have taken far too long. Snapping his fingers, he summoned one of his many rapiers. Taking the weapon in hand, he thrust the blade between the doors in an attempt to pry them open. After half a minute of trying, the doors remained shut. Link could see the anger and determination shine in his partner's eyes as he shot a glare at the ice doors, grinding his teeth as he clenched the rapier between his fingers. Prying the doors open took a great deal of strength. When the difficult task had been completed, Ghirahim dropped to his knees, exhausted. "You needn't worry about me... I'm fine. Just a tad weary. These doors have proven to be more difficult to open than I had expected." he said as he looked up at his master's worried face.  'His eyes seem to shine with love whenever his gaze lands upon me. I wonder just how deep his feelings truly are.'

Once Ghirahim's strength returned, they stepped into the shrine. It was a large, open room made completely of ice. A locked door stood across from them. The walls were adorned with diamonds of ice. A gorgeous ice chandelier hung from the ceiling, reflecting the light back onto the room. Snowflakes were encased within the ice floor, giving it a ravishing appearance. Link had never seen a room so beautiful. His jaw dropped as his eyes slid over the enchanting chamber he stood in.  Ghirahim chuckled at his master's expression. 'He's so easily impressed.' he though, smirking at the child. His smirk vanished as he sensed a dreadful aura being emitted from the room's center. The doors slammed shut behind them. The light dimmed. Ghirahim narrowed his eyes as a shadow began forming under the chandelier, slowing taking on a humanoid shape. Ghirahim's face turned to a mask of shock as he recognized the mighty being that stood before them. 'The king's first-class general, Ithzarus!'