Chapter 25

The demons circled the icy room, staring into the other's eyes, waiting for a chance to strike. They kept their guard up, holding their sword up, prepared to use it as a shield if needed. Link stood in the entry way, watching the demons as they moved. Never once had he seen Ghirahim regard someone with such hate. It was obvious he utterly despised the general. A feeling of unease came over him as he sensed his partner's lust for Ithzarus's blood to spill upon the floor. He looked away as he took a deep breath. 'I need to stay calm. If Ghirahim needs me or an opportunity for me to attack appears, I need to be ready. Can't let a bit of bloodlust get to me...' In his attempt to keep calm, the sound of quick footsteps, followed by the clashing of swords filled the room, disrupting the silence. His unease only got worse. Link could only hope Ghirahim could take down this powerful enemy on his own.

Despite Ithzarus's heavy armor, he moved at an incredible speed. Ghirahim had to move fast to block his swift attacks. On several occasions, the general's blade had come only inches away from Ghirahim's throat. Teleporting behind Ithzarus, the demon lord swung his sword, the tip of the blade just barely slicing through the demon's scaly skin. A thin stream of blue liquid trickled down his arm, spattering onto the floor. Blood. Ghirahim's lips curved up into a sinister smile. Seeing the demon's blood spilling from his body left the demon lord feeling absolutely giddy. Seeing the minor wound, Ithzarus's eyes fill with rage. Sword in hand, he dashed forward, inflicting minor damage upon the sword spirit.

As time passed, the battle raged on. Link's ears were filled with the sounds of clashing metal. He glanced at the room behind him, eyes widening at the scene. The room was now spattered with blood. The heavily wounded demons were practically forcing themselves to stand. They continued to glare at the each other, breathing heavily. Ithzarus's face into one of amusement. He raised his hand slowly, using his magic to summon a thin, green, needle-like object. Ghirahim's eyes widened at the object in fear, a gasp escaping his lips. Link only had a moment to glance at the object, before Ithzarus threw it in his direction at lightning speed, embedding itself in the hero's neck. Before he could pull it out, a feeling of drowsiness came over him as his eyes slid shut. Ghirahim watched in horror as his beloved master fell to the floor. "Master! MASTER!!!"