Chapter 11

Link opened his eyes sleepily, and was greeted by the bright light of the sun shining directly into his eyes. He turned away, this time greeted by the sight of Ghirahim, smirking at him. "Uhh, morning. What's with that smirk? It's kind of creeping me out a bit." he said to his partner. Ghirahim shrugged, the smirk not leaving his face. "Oh, nothing. I'm just feeling positively cheery today." Ghirahim replied, staring his master right in the eyes. "Umm... Ok? So where are we going today?" "Well.... I'm not quite sure myself. We certainly can't face the king with the power we have now, simply impossible. Fortunately, I've done some research in the past. There are four Sacred Shrines within the demon realm. Blessing a weapon at each of these shrines should give us a sufficient amount of power, possibly enough to accomplish our goal." Link nodded, carefully listening to each word the demon uttered. It was certainly handy to have him around. Link gazed at his partner as he continued to speak, feeling a sort of fondness for the demon that he hadn't felt before. It made him a bit uneasy, since he's never felt this way towards anyone. He didn't know what to think anymore. "Master" Master, are you listening? Why are you staring at me like that? I know I'm absolutely gorgeous, but we have important matters to discuss at the moment, so please try to listen." Link's head snapped up. He hadn't realized he had been staring him that whole time. He looked away, feeling his cheeks flushing. "O-of course, please continue." He muttered in embarrassment. The demon smirked once more, continuing his explanation of their next goal. "Unfortunately, getting to each of these shrines is proven to be a difficult task. We'll have to be extremely careful about our every move. Getting caught would be disastrous on our end, wouldn't it?" Link nodded in agreement as he gathered up his things. "It would be best to leave now then, right? Where's the closest shrine?" "The shrine nearest to us is through the Woods of Labyrinth. Anyone who dares to enter must traverse the woods with every risk of becoming lost, wandering hopelessly in circles for eternity. It's quite the frightening place, honestly. But lucky for us, it's rather close. Are you sure you're ready to leave just now?" "Ready." Link replied, looking determined as usual. The two immediately set out on their search for the first shrine, in the heart of the Woods of Labyrinth.