17. Jealousy

• Austin's P.O.V •

"Sit down." Cory said.

Alex, Robert, Zach, and I all did as we were told.

"I've got some news about the file that could be helpful to you." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"No one has it."

"How the hell is that helpful?" Robert asked.

"Shut up and I'll tell you." Cory demanded.

"You guys all remember Johnny, right?"

"Yeah." We all said in unison.

"That guy had so much damn power." Zach added.

"He was the leader of the best gang in all of Florida." Robert clarified.

"Well, I've found out he was the one who put that whole file together. He was planning on leaving the U.S. and starting up a whole new gang in Europe. He was going to give that file to his little brother, so that he could run the gang in Florida after Johnny left, but a lot of the other gangs found out that Johnny knew all their secrets so he was eventually killed. His brother hid the damn file and fled the country." Cory explained.

"So.." I trailed off, wanting more information.

"So, that file contains valuable information. It has the exact locations to all the secret warehouses, mansions, and stashes of money in all of Florida. If our crew finds that file first, we'll be livin' pretty for the rest of our lives, boys. Plus, we'll have all the same power that Johnny did."

"So you want us to go around looking for clues like we're fucking Mystery, Inc. or something?" Robert scoffed.

"Yeah, smartass, I do, because if you find it then everybody gets a piece of the pie. It doesn't just benefit me, it benefits our whole gang." Cory said, glaring at Robert. "You can all go now."

"You're going to get yourself knocked out one of these days with that attitude of yours, Robert." Alex laughed.

"Shut up, Alex." He warned.

"Both of you shut up. Now, let's start looking for these damn clues. Come on, Scooby." Zach joked, slapping the back of Roberts head.

"I'm going to kill you." Robert said, leaving the room.

"You three go, I've got something I have to do." I called after them.

"Austin, wait." Cory said.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I know you're probably going to go hang out with your girlfriend, and that's fine because I know you like her, but if you want to protect her, you have to keep your mouth shut about all of this. She absolutely cannot find out about anything. That'll put her in instant danger." He told me.

"I know. I hate lying to her, but I want to keep her safe. I'm not going to tell her anything." I said.

"Good, now go." He dismissed me.

I went outside to find the guys already in my car. Since I brought them here, I have to give them all rides home.

I just dropped off the last one, and I was now headed to Ava's. I'd already sent her a text that I was on my way.

I pulled up to her house, and turned off the car, then stepped out and headed for the front door. I was a tiny bit nervous because her parents could answer the door, and I don't even know if she's told them about us yet.

Taking a chance, I knocked on her front door. Luckily, Ava answered it.

"Ready to go?" I asked.