53

-• my first love •-

Taranya

Trailing my fingers over my neckline, I release a breath of exhaustion. There's a thought festering in my head lately. I don't know whether to call it a regret or not. It's not that I hate sex with Rudra. Far from it actually. It's absolutely mind-blowing, and every time we stop, I'm looking forward to the next time. But I think bringing sex in the equation has made this relationship all about physical intimacy. Previously, we used to chat, he used to ask me about my day, and he always made an effort to spend time with me amidst his usual work load. But now, the moment we're in the same room, all we do is strip each other naked and go at it like rabbits. Maybe I'm to blame too. But the last thing I expect from him is to walk out on me after sex.

Am I thinking too much? Am I already getting paranoid? Why am I such an overthinker?

And why do I always get this needy after having an orgasm?

Smacking my lips together in frustration, I turn over my stomach and bury my face in the pillow. Is it normal to crave affection and companionship from your partner after indulging in physical intimacy? I don't want to come out as clingy or something. If he's not making a big deal out of it, if he thinks this is the normal way to deal with your emotions after sex, then it must be. If he can go and work after an earth shattering orgasm without allowing any lingering emotions to string along, then why can't I? Why do I get all dizzy, can't make sense of reality for a while, cannot think straight, and want him to hug me to sleep after it happens?

In the middle of the mess that are my melodramatic thoughts, my phone starts to blare loudly with an incoming call. Internally grateful, I roll over until I'm at an arm's length from the nightstand and grab my phone.

"Hello," my voice comes out bored as I huff out a breath.

"Is something wrong?"

Ayush?

I pull the phone away to confirm. "Yes, everything's fine. Why are you calling me?" I frown.

"I can't call my sister?"

"You can, but you usually don't." I deadpan. "Anyway, out with it."

"I need a file."

"Oh," I mumble.

"It's a thesis. And it also has my latest research paper that I'm currently working on. It's confidential."

"Okay, so you want me to drive over a hundred miles to Veer Mahal, get your file that you forgot in the morning to take with you, and bring it to you to the university hospital? Am I hearing you right, Mr. Chauhan?"

"I owe you,"

I open my mouth to say no, but he hangs up. Flaring my nostrils, I slam the phone on the bed and sit up straight. I can't believe the brat wants me to drive to Jaigarh just for a God damn file. Where is his favourite brother? I'm sure canoodling with his vases in that damn mudhole.

Did I just?

Shoo! Get out of my head, Agastya.

Forcing my legs out of bed, I get up. The action jerks my low iron levels awake and I lose my balance for a second. Holding the headboard, I pause briefly and close my eyes, taking softer, deeper breaths to stabilise myself.

I'm slower than usual as I get ready. My legs wobble slightly, and every time I move, I feel a slight hint of pain between my legs, along with the unmistakable realisation of emptiness. "The last thing you should want is his dick, you dumb thing. What are you feeling empty for? His dick is not your soulmate. Wake up. Have some respect!" I scold my vagina.