67

Happy Holi

-• three down •-

Rudra

"Let's go," Niharika gets up from the chair, opening the door of the interrogation room for me. I stand up, ignoring the glaring pair of eyes watching me leave. Unable to stop myself, I pause at the door and look at the woman. "Shourya, don't," Niharika warns.

I smirk.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Mr. Rajawat?" The officer who brought me in for interrogation asks, the bridge of her spectacles dropping low, and she eyes me keenly, interested and annoyed at the same time. Interested because, well, I'm interesting, and annoyed because, well I'm interesting.

I like her. I've been tracking her from the time she was appointed as Income Tax officer of Rajgarh subdivision. Loyal to the bone, hardworking, and she just can't stand rich, especially old money rich. It was so difficult to find someone like her, and when I did, she was easiest to choose. It's like she was dying to be put on a high profile case like this. Perhaps, we may have helped each other in ways more than we can thank each other for. It's unfortunate I can't share that with her. I'm sure she'd have been a good legal backbone to have in the future. But having honest people like her with you always has its own drawbacks. They're too stiff and have black and white sense of people. They don't understand the shades of grey.

"I had a great time." I smile at her. "Wish these interrogation rooms could be rated, like we do on Google? Solid five stars." I compliment.

Her glare hardens. "Get out."

I click my tongue, feigning disapproval. "Four and a half stars."

"Shourya, enough." Niharika grabs my arm and drags me out. I allow her. "What is wrong with you?" She hisses as we step out of the building.

I button my blazer and take a deep breath. I was cooped up in that empty room for over six hours. They didn't even offer me a cup of coffee. Maybe four stars. The service was not up to my standards.

"C'mon, our car is here," Descending the stairs after her, I open the door of my side while she rounds the bonnet to reach the other side. Feeling eyes watch me, I look over my shoulder and see the woman outside the entrance, jaw clenched she stares at me like she wished she could drag me back inside and grill me with her questions until I give in. But she's targeting the wrong man. I understand why though. She'll understand soon too. Giving her a two finger salute, I slide in and slam the door close, lowering the window and watching her storm back inside the building.

The car pulls off and I rest my head back. I'm sure Yara has already uploaded the video we had downloaded from Inayat's cloud after hacking into it. I did it the night we had returned from Goa. It was necessary. I didn't trust her back then, and I did right when Atharva, like the fool that he is went and submitted all the evidence to his money leeching professor. I pretended ignorance when their investigation was exposed in front of the chairman. I didn't want any attention on me. It was painful to watch my love get humiliated that evening, but I could have done nothing. The benefit lied in playing safe, and Yuvraaj agreed with me when I showed him the video later that night.

"What the fuck?"

My head turns. Niharika shows me the phone screen.

King of Jaigarh, Yuvraaj Singh Chauhan has been indicted for unethical human experimentations and child trafficking charges this evening. To be put on trial coming Monday.

"Is this true?" Niharika asks me in disbelief.

"Take me to Veer Mahal." I command.

She sighs. "To the Veer Mahal, Kaka."