14

-• an agreement •-

Taranya

12 hours ago

I have a decision to make.

A decision that'll most possibly change my entire life. It's six in the morning. I'm staring at the wall clock in front of me, thoughtlessly drifting into the distance, where nothing but his thoughts lurk in my head. I've so much to give up on if I say no to him. That much is clear after my conversation with Yuvraaj and surprisingly, Arush last night. I didn't expect him to be on Shourya's side. He wasn't speaking for him, per se, but he did sound inclined to the idea of me giving Shourya a chance. I don't know what happened in the past three years that softened him towards Shourya. Then again, he was never overly protective about me, which never bothered me before yesterday. Because while I don't expect him to beat up every guy who makes a pass at me, I also didn't expect him to take sides with man who betrayed me badly in the past. Perhaps, they got close during the University phase? They're graduating in the same major, after all.

Possible.

Plus, Arush is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. In fact, he is much easier to convince. And Shourya's ridiculously glorious face is also backed up with skills such as eloquence and confidence, so much of it. He wouldn't need to do much to get my brother on his side.

I've no idea if Arush knows the whole thing or not. But considering the one sided conversation we had last night, one thing was clear, he trusts Shourya enough. And that, somehow, wavers my disposed feelings about Shourya. I had stopped trusting every word that comes out of his mouth, and for a good reason. But there's no point denying that his feelings towards me weren't a lie. He did like me, still does. The problem is, I don't find myself wanting a future with him. He has lied too much, too many times, and he chose the most fucked up moment to confess. I was already broken that night, I didn't need the knife of his betrayal to stab me deeper into the chest. He has so many closed doors, and the ones he has opened for me to see, I've already grown an aversion towards them. What is the guarantee I won't feel the same towards the remaining?

The bottom line is, I don't want to make a wrong decision. And Shourya, he's a definition of all wrong. A bad habit. An addiction. He's all the toxic you'd want to drain out of your veins, and then crave it back because without it you feel sober, detached, and alone. He's not a good news.

He'd drive me into a fucking tragedy at a speed that'll neither let me jump out of the car, nor hold still.

Doesn't sound enticing, does it?

I could say no to him.

I should say no to him.

I shouldn't even be thinking so much about it. So what if we're unable to get revenge for our father? Karma is there. Karma will hit those cruel Rajawats and bring them to their knees. It'll happen. Eventually. I believe in God. I need to put behind every bitter memory of my past and move on in my life.

I've a great future planned ahead.

I'll be graduating this early June. I already have several job offers lined up for me. I can start with weather forecasting, then slowly work my way up to becoming a crime reporter that I have always wanted to be. Then I'll date a nice man, marry him, have kids, and I'll be happy. With time, maybe Rajawats will get what they deserve. The fall of their Empire.

Maybe.

Right, maybe.

Fuck.

I sit up on the bed and cradle my forehead in my hands, fisting my hair as I stare at the plain blue sheets of my bed.