48

-• the winning streak •-

Rudra

"We've shortlisted a few celebrities to be the brand ambassador of Rajawat Motors, and the marketing team has been in talks with," I tune out of the boring meeting, scribbling lines of codes on a rough paper that had produced tons of errors last night and trying to figure out a way to run them. I could clone my old repository but the latest packages might not support most of the features in there. So far, Yara can only speak, he cannot move around, walk, express himself like normal humans, his emotions end at happiness, sadness, anger and disappointment. As long as he was only a voice, there was so much scope to do better, but the moment I added visuals, he started to look like a cheap AI that's trying to be advanced. Though, I can change that with high quality graphics but it's his behaviour that feels off. His movements are restricted and hence, it makes him borderline creepy. No wonder Tara stared at him like he was a ghost.

"Shourya!"

I drop the pen and look up. Twelve pair of eyes stare at me, including the Chairman's. I clear my throat, glancing towards the screen and quickly winding up a conclusion based on what the meeting is about.

"You don't look interested in the meeting. Is it boring?" The Chairman inquires.

I look at the team head. He's clutching the pointer tightly, sweating bullets in the air conditioned hall. Not his fault. If he failed to keep his audience engaged, especially during an important meeting, he doesn't have what it takes to lead a team of ten. That's what the Chairman thinks. And if I answer yes, poor guy is getting fired right off the bat, no justifications considered.

"It's not boring, per se, but it doesn't have what it takes to appeal the mass. And isn't that what we're here for? To draw up a strategy so we can attract the public?" I wave the end of my pen towards the screen, "That's not going to work. It's used, reused, and recycled. Nothing original about it."

"But it's a tried and tested method. It has worked multiple times." The presenter says.

"Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's not original. It's not risky enough."

"Why should we take the risk anyway?" His subordinate asks me. "If this works, what else do we need?"

"It's not going to work this time." I shrug.

"Why?" She leans forward, hands interlaced on the desk.

"What are we making, Miss. Das?"

"A car."

"What kind of car?"

"A sports car." She answers in a clipped tone.

"Who's our target consumer?"

"The youth. Especially the men." She replies.

"Exactly. When a young person thinks of a sports car, he automatically associates it with highways, speed, races. He imagines the thrill, the excitement, the risk. Using a fifty year old Bollywood actor to endorse a sports brand, because he's big in the industry and has millions of followers isn't going to work. Yes, you may create the hype using his name. But it's similar to those ten second short videos that go viral on social media platforms once in a while. People share and enjoy them for a time being, and then forget about it completely." I explain, fixing my attention on the Chairman next, "This is one of the biggest projects Rajawat Corporation has undertaken in the last decade. We've worked blood, sweat and tears over it. The Government is anticipating a boost in economy considering the millions we've invested together. We can't rely on our Prime Minister and a fickle, cheap publicity to bring a revolution in the Indian automobile sector."