68

-• are we ready for this? •-

Taranya

"How are we getting in?" I ask Rudra the following night.

He unrolls a map on the desk. Amir steps forward on his left, looking down at the layout of the publishing company. "It has two floors. The ground floor has no cameras, but the first floor is filled with them. Security here is top notch. I cannot ask Yara to hack their CCTV servers because the alarms will go off instantly. What we can do is reboot the entire system by flooding the target with traffic that triggers a crash-" I shake my head, everything passing through one ear and flying out of the other. Rudra smiles in amusement when he notices the same confusion on Amir's face. "Anyway, in short, it'll take approximately seven minutes for it to restart. In the mean time, Amir can convince the men in the security room through his transceiver that they've everything under control, and to take their time in restarting the cctvs. In those seven minutes, you need to inject this pendrive, open up the command prompt on the main computer, type these commands," he shows me a folded note, "and leave the rest on me. I'll transfer the data over here. The moment transfer is complete, get out of there." He explains.

"So we replace the guards on the second shift?" He nods, "but what if the guards who are clocking out recognise us?"

"They won't. The guards don't meet each other out of their work circle, they don't talk to each other and haven't even seen each other's faces. They are all under the command of Rajawat Security, and they obey the Security Administrator, Gerald Lockhart. Their job is to annihilate whoever tries to breach the security threshold, that's it."

Uff. That's a lot to take in for my little head.

"Alright, let's do this. I gotta look like a man though. Buff me up, boys." I look at the men.

"I've got it covered." He hefts two heavy, paperboard cartons in his strong arms, brings them over and drops them on the desk with a thump. Grabbing his pocket knife, he slices through the brown tape with a sharp ease. I try not to think of the moment when he used the same blade to cut off a man's thumb last night. The screams were nightmare inducing. "There you go," he reveals two black combat suits and tactical helmet and two guns.

"Woah," I lurch forward to grab the gun and aim it at Amir.

He stumbles back.

I chuckle. "Relax, hon, I know how to use a gun." I put it back down.

The uncertainty in his eyes doesn't disappear. "Is it necessary for her to come?" I raise an offended brow. "No, I'm not underestimating you, but I feel like you're safer here. Why to needlessly put yourself in danger? I'm sure someone else can join me-"

"Who?"

"Zo- Zoya?"

"She's needed at the company." Rudra answers.

"And your boss needs to be here to finish the data transfer. Bhai is in jail. So who else but me?"

He blinks. "One of your brothers maybe?"

"So you are underestimating me." I conclude.

"No-"

"Okay, enough," Rudra holds up his hand. "I trust her, Amir. I don't have a good relationship with her brothers. We don't really see eye to eye ever since she got married to me. So I can't put my trust in them. I'll be paranoid thinking they'll fuck up one way or the other, and I need my entire focus here. Taranya is a trained fighter." I nod. "She can shoot." My brows raise knowingly. "And most importantly, I have confidence in her."