29

-• different but real•-

Taranya

It's hard to believe he's the same man I can't stand, because walking with him feels like the opposite. He's a quiet man. Contrary to his effect in my life; chaotic. I wonder if he knows it, and if he does, why is he so merciless towards my peace. He never lets it stay. Around him feels like the world is closing up into a dark, never-ending hole.

I never fancied abrupt beginnings, but he's all that an abrupt beginning consists of. Nebulous, unexpected, strange, forced, unsteady, but novel, to the point of being bizzare, and yet determined, powerful, as if the universe is devoted towards him, for he is the central force, changing the tides, manipulating the stars, illuminating the skies, and bending over the mountains.

Silly, isn't it?

The thought itself is unrealistic. But you'd glance once at him, and you'd realise to make that happen, he wouldn't need to command anyone. In his presence, it'll just happen.

He was right.

In a changed scenario, where our reality is the lie of an alternate universe, we'd have met like the normal folks, and I'd have committed myself to this man for every life along with the existing one.

The thought of impossible is often perceived as a regret. If things can't be changed, we humans fail to accept it as such. I wonder why. Whether it's the guilt of not being capable enough, or the anger of not having people capable enough to make it happen with you. Maybe both.

I wish I can blame him for all the wrong he has done. But something holds me back. How would he ever do the right thing, when he was never taught to choose the right thing? The way he expressed what kind of man he'd have become if he wasn't who he is squeezed a chord in my chest. Doesn't that mean he acknowledges his wrong? His mistakes? You can accuse a perpetrator once, twice, maybe forever if he never accepts his crimes, but how long would you rant the same thing to the man who is reflecting, introspecting and acknowledging the wrong he has done, and is even willing to change?

I can forgive him. I can. I know I'm capable of. But he expects more. He expects another chance. Maybe that's what stops me from forgiving him. I'd be giving him a hope. And I'm not strong enough yet. I'm not strong enough to put my trust in his hands and wait patiently to see whether he crushes it again or cradles it close to his chest and cherishes it forever.

Faith is a miracle. And miracles don't happen at one's will. It happens at one's actions, their conviction, their efforts, and most importantly, at the cost of their time.

In this fast, instant type of world, where trends are more popular than authenticity, and relationships are tested based on materialistic trades, no one's willing to wait. People move on fast.

I may have married this man, but I don't know him enough to judge whether he's willing to earn my trust. I don't think so. He has time and again proved he wants everything on his own conditions. Such people don't stay around for long. They leave when things slip out of control. And control is something Shourya can't give up on. That much I'm aware of when it comes to him.

But I'm willing to see him prove me wrong.

I want to see him prove me wrong.

"We're here," he whispers.

I look forward.

It's a lake.

He releases my hand to walk over the floating deck and looks over his right shoulder at me. I receive a gorgeous, stunning smile from his handsome face, and then he's removing his t-shirt and diving in. The loud splash makes me flinch.